Philstar.com reports that the Manila City government has released a traffic advisory in preparation for the "Iglesia ni Cristo Grand Evangelical Mission" prayer rally on Tuesday, February 28, 5 p.m. at the Quirino Grandstand. Thousands are expected to attend the event. As such, we are reposting the traffic advisory:
Drop-off and Parking
- Drop off point of participants will be from Roxas Boulevard southbound fronting carabao statue at the Luneta.
- Parking areas for VIP will be at the north wing of Quirino Grandstand (fronting the Police Community Precinct).
- For those with car pass, parking will be at the South Drive from Roxas Boulevard to Independence Road.
- Parking lot for buses would be at one lane from the stretch of Roxas Boulevard from P. Burgos to P. Ocampo.
- Parking areas are also designated at the PICC complex and Paco Park. For motorcycles, parking will be at Bonifacio Drive Service Road.
Route Guides and Updates
- Katigbak Drive, South Drive and Independence Road will be closed to vehicular traffic starting at 12 noon.
- From the stretch of Bonifacio Drive north and southbound lane from 25th Street to Anda Circle, there will be one lane only.
- For light vehicles, one lane of T.M. Kalaw, east and westbound near the sidewalk from Roxas Boulevard to Ma. Orosa.
- Heavy traffic will also be expected along Roxas Boulevard service road from T.M. Kalaw to P. Ocampo, eastbound of P. Burgos over the sidewalk from Roxas Boulevard to Ma. Orosa, northbound lane of Bonifacio Drive over the sidewalk from 25th St. to Anda Circle.
- Jones Bridge Magallanes, however, will be open to traffic.
- All motorists are advised to take alternate routes.
- Motorists are advised to take President Quirino to Nagtahan or Taft Avenue to Jones, MacArthur and Quezon bridges.
For more on this story, log on tom Philstar.com.