Back to top
ABS-CBNNews.com reports that according to the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) 2010 records, Kris Aquino is the highest paid celebrity for that year. She had a total taxable income of P101 million in 2010, for which she paid P32.3 million in taxes. The report noted: "This put her at No. 17 on the list of top 500 individual taxpayers for 2010, higher than some of the most high-profile businessmen like Ayala Corp.s Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala, mall tycoon Henry Sy and telecoms executive Manuel V. Pangilinan." (Check the BIR's "Top 500 Individual Taxpayers for 2010" list.)
Other celebrities who made the list were also cited in the report:
- Willie Revillame (No. 21) earned P82 million in 2010 and paid P26.5 million in taxes.
- Sharon Cuneta (No. 58) paid P16.6 million in taxes after earning P52 million.
- Sarah Geronimo (No. 67) paid P14.8 million in taxes from her earnings of P46.4 million in 2010.
- Piolo Pascual (No. 76) paid P13 million in taxes after earning P49.8 million.
- Marian Rivera (No. 86) had a total taxable income of P37.2 million, for which she paid P11.8 million in taxes.
- John Lloyd Cruz (No. 95) earned P34 million in 2010 and P10.9 million in taxes.
- Claudine Barretto (No. 99), who earned P33.4 million and paid P10.6 million in taxes.
- Boy Abunda (No. 134) paid P9.2 million in taxes after earning P29 million.
- Manny Pacquiao (No. 135) earned P504.5 million and paid P9.1 million in taxes.
- Judy Ann Santos (No. 211) had earnings of P19.9 million and paid P6.3 million in taxes.
- KC Concepcion (No. 229) earned P18.9 million and paid P6 million in taxes.
- Jericho Rosales (No. 236) had a taxable income of P18.77 million and paid P5.9 million in taxes.
- Dingdong Dantes (No. 237) earned P18.75 million and paid P5.9 million in taxes.
- Gerald Anderson (No. 336) earned P16.1 million and paid P5.1 million in taxes
- Carmina Villaroel (No. 357) earned P15.5 million and paid P4.9 million in taxes.
- Mel Tiangco (No. 370) earned oP15.1 million and paid P4.8 million in taxes.
For more on this story, log on to ABS-CBNNews.com.