ABS-CBNNews.com reports: "Filipino Grandmaster (GM) Wesley So lived up to his billing as Asia's No. 1 blitz chess player after winning the 11th Asian Continental Individual Chess Championships Blitz competition over the weekend in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam." The report also noted that So "went undefeated en route to another successful victory in the Blitz competition." Among the players he bested were GM Nguyen Ngoc Truong Son (second place) and IM Nguyen Van Huy (third place) of Vietnam and GM Ding Liren of China (fourth place).
The report also noted the other Pinoy chess players who made their mark in the competition:
• GM Mark Paragua (6.0 pts., 10th place)
• GM Oliver Barbosa (5.5 pts., 22nd place)
• GM John Paul Gomez (5.0 pts., 29th place)
• GM Darwin Laylo (4.5 pts., 35th place)
• GM Eugene Torre (4.5 pts., 37th place)
• IM Jan Emmanuel Garcia (4.0 pts., 40th place)
For more on this story, log on to ABS-CBNNews.com.