10 Things You Can Do at CCP’s Pasinaya 2015
We’re pretty sure 3,000 artists can keep you occupied!
(SPOT.ph) The Cultural Center of the Philippines celebrates the National Art month in a tremendous way, with over 300 shows from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in all their performance venues on February 15. Pasinaya 2015 brings art to the public again with their "Pay What You Can, See All You Can" scheme, which opens doors for you to enjoy these 10 cool things.
1. Watch Cinemalaya X Short Films at Dream Theater
Catch Asan Si Lolo Me, Lola, Eyeball, Nakabibinging Kadiliman, and more! Screenings start at 9 a.m.
2. Catch Sipat Lawin’s Three Sisters at Tanghalang Huseng Batute (1:40 p.m.)
The experimental theater group stages a Japanese Noh play about-dun, dun-ghosts! Also in the lineup: Noli Me Tangere as a one-woman show (3:20 p.m.).
3. Learn how to sing with The Madz at Bulwagang Pambansang Alagad ng Sining (3:20 p.m.)
Who else can best teach you to sing but the Philippine Madrigal Singers?
4. Ukele-love: Sway with the Ukelele Philippine Ensemble at Eskinita (11:30 a.m.) and/or the Ukelele Underground Philippines at Pedro Bukaneg (4:30 p.m.)
Huddle together and feel the love with music from the hippest musical instrument out there today.
5. Catch Ateneo Entablado’s Sa Isang Madilim, FB na Mapanglaw at Bulwagang Amado Hernandez (1 p.m.)
Social network meets socio-political in this play that discusses the issues behind the removal of Filipino as a subject in tertiary education.
6. Tiyangge at Eskinita
Artsy knickknacks? We’re there!
7. Daloy Dance Company at the MET Museum (11 a.m.)
Can’t wait to catch them at Fringe Manila? See them at the MET first!
8. Eat, eat, eat
Food booths will be open at the CCP grounds, so you’ll have the energy you need for a day filled with art.
9. Join the 2015 Pasinaya Photo Essay Competition
Anyone can join and all you have to do is snap a picture that shows off the excitement at Pasinaya on February 15. Check out the mechanics in the official CCP website.
10. Museum and gallery hop!
Presenting, the list of participating museums and galleries: Casa Manila, NCCA Gallery, Bahay Tsinoy, Metropolitan Museum of Manila, 1335 Mabini Gallery, De La Salle College of St. Benilde’s Museum of Contemporary Arts & Design (MCAD), National Museum of the Philippines, Museo Marino, and Museo Pambata
To reserve or purchase Pasinaya fast pass ballers and VIP boxes, call at 832-3704 and 832-1125 local 1409. Visit the official CCP website for more information.