So The Buzz was cancelled, but not for the reasons you’re thinking
We’re letting you in on what we know about the weekend’s surprising news.
Photo via The Buzz’s Instagram account
(SPOT.ph) It was a tough Easter Sunday for fans and showrunners alike when The Buzz host Boy Abunda made the surprising announcement that the showbiz-oriented talk show has been cancelled.
The show, which has been on air for almost 16 years, aired its final episode on April 5. Here’s what we know so far:
- It’s not because of poor ratings or any conflict behind the scenes. The show is adapting to the changing landscape of news reporting...including showbiz.
- Everyone from the show has decided to "take a step back" and re-evaluate how they do the program.
- The show will definitely be back, and it may or may not feature the same hosts (currently comprising Boy Abunda, Kris Aquino, and Toni Gonzaga).
- It is also unclear at this point if The Buzz will retain its name.
- A report from PEP.ph confirms that ABS-CBN will be reinventing the program because their current format is dated. The report also says that Abunda will remain as the main host of the new show.
- We still don’t know when the new show is slated to air, but it’s probably going to take a while.
- In the meantime, we’d just have to make do with Kapamilya Mega Blockbusters, which will be airing during The Buzz’s former timeslot.