Hurry, You Can Get a Good Price on Jo Koy's "Filipino Tupperware"
The comedian channeled some hilarious home-shopping vibes in his latest video.
(SPOT.ph) There are two very painful experiences any Pinoy child knows: Opening an ice cream container to find frozen meat, and opening a tin cookie can to find a sewing kit. If these hope-smashing moments happened to you, then you know very well what Filipino-American comedian Jo Koy means when he says he's selling "Filipino Tupperware" in his latest Facebook video. Check out the hilarious skit below!
The comedian went full-on Home Shopping Network for the video and we gotta say, we're sold on the product—though we doubt our moms would agree on actually spending for this stuff. Jo Koy must have gone through his own kitchen to come up with the high-quality seven-piece set he presents here:
- Two whole airtight containers ("You could put soup in there!")
- A grocery pack that used to contain mangoes
- An old cool whip tub that's used for his son's baon
- A huge ice cream tub that even comes with a handle
- A sour cream container that now holds salsa (no word on whether the tomato dip comes with it)
- An oil container (a.k.a. glass jars that used to contain anything else but oil)
But wait, there's more! If you order today, Jo Koy promised he'd throw in "the blue cookie tin sewing kit" from everyone's childhood. For U.S. $19.99, it's a hard deal to beat.
We know you've got a spot in your kitchen loaded with odd containers from basically anywhere so this video just hits at all the relatable points. And just like any other Pinoy parent, Jo Koy even yells in the perfect exasperated tone, "Why would you throw that away?!" After all, there's no better container than a "Filipino Tupperware."