Michael Jackson dies at 50
LIVE BREAKING NEWS: CNN has confirmed that the "King of Pop" Michael Jackson has died of cardiac arrest at 2:26 p.m. Thursday June 25 (Pacific time) after being rushed to an LA hospital that morning.
This is NBC's report:
Jackson started his professional music career at age 11 as a member of The Jackson 5 with four of his brothers. He went solo in 1971. With the advent of MTV in the 1980s, his popular music videos "Beat It," "Billie Jean" and "Thriller" launched him into superstardom, earning him the monicker "King of Pop."
Some of Jackson's stellar achievements include:
• Two-time Rock and Roll Hall of Famer
• Multiple Guinness World Record holder including "Most Successful Entertainer of All Time"
• 13 Grammy Awards
• 13 number one singles in his solo career
• Over 750 million albums sold worldwide.
• Five of his solo studio albums are among the world's best-selling records: Off the Wall (1979), Thriller (1982), Bad (1987), Dangerous (1991) and HiStory (1995).
For a retrospective of Jackson's best videos throughout the years, click here.
What's your favorite Michael Jackson video? Click here.