The latest Richard Gutierrez scandal + more of the week's lowlights
ANDREW PAREDES rounds up the past week's lowlights in news and pop culture
A roundup of the past week's lowlights in news and pop culture
1. U.S.-BASED FILIPINOS ENCOURAGED TO VOTE ONLINE FOR CHILDREN'S CRUSADER EFREN PEÑAFLORIDA, JR. AS CNN "HERO OF THE YEAR." Hey, if we can win Miss Photogenic at the Miss Universe pageant through online voting, I'm sure our brothers abroad can do this!
2. ERAP SAYS HE IS SURE OF VICTORY NEXT YEAR. I'm not so sure about Erap running again. Sequels are rarely better than the original…and the original wasn't that good to begin with.
3. GMA SAYS RICH NATIONS SHOULD FINANCE RP REHAB, SAYS INDUSTRIALIZED NATIONS ARE CLIMATE CHANGE INSTIGATORS WHILE THE PHILIPPINES IS A CLIMATE CHANGE VICTIM. Maybe she has a point. I just don't like the idea of us changing from The Sick Man of Asia to The Sick Man of Asia That Whines and Feels That The World Owes Him.
4. NEW STORM FORECAST TO CROSS NORTHERN LUZON. Quick, let's blame Canada!
This page requires a higher version browser
For the latest Philippine news stories and videos, visit GMANews.TV
5. COLORADO AUTHORITIES CHASE WEATHER BALLOON WITH 6-YEAR-OLD BOY TRAPPED INSIDE; BOY REVEALED TO BE HIDING IN ATTIC. It has been confirmed that the boy's name was not in fact Bart, and the father did not exclaim "D'oh!"
6. BABY IN AUSTRALIA SURVIVES AFTER FALLING UNDER TRAIN. Now there's a baby album I'd like to see!
7. NEW MICHAEL JACKSON SONG "THIS IS IT" RELEASED ONLINE. Some titles are just too obvious.
8. GUNMEN ROB HIGH-END WATCH STORE IN GREENBELT 5. Just because you're a criminal doesn't mean you can't accessorize.
9. ALL-MALE COLLEGE BANS HIGH HEELS, MAKEUP. Brands with well-known macho images like Laura Ashley and MAC Cosmetics are expected to protest the decision.
10. RICHARD GUTIERREZ INVOLVED IN AIRPORT TIFF FOR ARRIVING LATE AT DEPARTURE GATE, ALLEGEDLY SPIT ON BOARDING PASS. Hey, Mr. Environmentalist! Do you know how many trees died to make that boarding pass?