Tom Cruise called "homophobic" + more of the week's lowlights
ANDREW PAREDES on the past week's lowlights in news and pop culture
A roundup of the past week's lowlights in news and pop culture
1. COMELEC REJECTS PARTY LIST REPRESENTATION FOR SABUNGEROS. Why would sabungeros need their own party when there are enough of them in the House already?
2. MISS PHILIPPINES FITNESS 2009 RECOUNTS "LIGHTNING-QUICK" RESCUE FROM ONDOY IN POLITICAL PRINT AD ENDORSING EX-DPWH SECRETARY EBDANE FOR PRESIDENT. All this rescuing of damsels in distress…maybe Jun Ebdane should get Richard Gutierrez to be his running mate.
3. RONALDO PUNO WITHDRAWS FROM VICE-PRESIDENTIAL RACE, SAYS TRAGEDIES OF ONDOY AND PEPENG "TOUCHED" HIM. I shudder to think what kind of typhoon it would take for people like Ebdane and Erap to withdraw.
4. YOU CAN BEFRIEND A GORILLA ON FACEBOOK FOR A ONE-DOLLAR DONATION. And then when you see them in person, they never say hello.
5. HEART EVANGELISTA ASLEEP WHEN SHE WON BEST ACTRESS AT THE FAMAS AWARDS. Thereby expressing how local showbiz feels about the FAMAS Awards.
6. BEYONCE POSTPONES MALAYSIAN CONCERT DATES OVER CRITICISM FROM ISLAMIC GROUP OVER HER WARDROBE. After Beyonce, Islamists should stage an intervention to stop Madonna from wearing that Louis Vuitton bow on her head again.
7. BRONSON PINCHOT CALLS FORMER CO-STARS TOM CRUISE "HOMOPHOBIC", DENZEL WASHINGTON "UNGENEROUS" AND "UNKIND". If Balki says it, then it must be so.
8. MALE GREAT DANE IN LADY GAGA VIDEOS "POKER FACE" AND "PAPARAZZI" DIES MYSTERIOUSLY. Maybe he'd seen Lady Gaga's dress sense one too many times.
9. MONTY PYTHON TROUPE CELEBRATES 40 YEARS OF SILLINESS. The boys have a 30-year head start on GMA.
10. PHILIPPINE FASHION WEEK SPRING-SUMMER 2009 COLLECTIONS WIND DOWN. Given that we don't have spring, fall or winter in these parts, climate change will further dictate that local fashion seasons be divided into Dry, Wet, Wetter, and Wettest.