Tweets of the Week: Cory Aquino Special
Members of the Twitterverse commemorate former President Cory Aquino’s first death anniversary.
Maria Ressa, journalist:
- Fascinating how the symbols of 1986 are rejuvenated. Bittersweet time of remembering and hope for future. Expectations high for this Aquino
Kristie Kenney, former U.S. Ambassador to the Philippines:
- Has it really been a year since President Cory’s death? I remember exactly where I was when I heard the sad news. Seems like just yesterday
Jim Paredes, singer, member of the APO Hiking Society
- Was it only last year? It seems that so many things had happened since. (video)
Gang Badoy, founder and Executive Director 0f Rock Ed Philippines:
- Despite the size of the crowd, the mass for the late Pres Cory Aquino still felt solemn enough. Dulce’s voice filled the entire space, wow.
Pia Hontiveros, TV journalist:
- Bishop Soc’s last line in homily for Mass for Cory: ALL THIS WILL PASS; GOD IS MORE THAN ENOUGH.
- At mass for Cory, Binay and Mar seated a few rows apart
- Histori St Benilde’s gym in La Salle Greenhils was Namfrel’s Quick Count HQ in every election & was wer Cory was waked fm Aug 1-3, 2009.
Willard Cheng, TV journalist:
- Kris arrives at La Salle Greenhills to commemorate President Cory’s first death anniversary. (photo)
- "Your beauty and talents are not yours; they are God’s," Arch. SocVillegas tells Kris Aquino in his homily at Cory’s 1st death anniversary.
Ces Drilon, TV journalist:
- (photo) Bishop Soc: how can we forget the grief that hovered over the country. How time flies. We saw in Noynoy our ordinary selves. That morning a year ago, he was a brother to us. We grieved the loss of Cory, a mother to us.
- Father Soc: everything is temporary. Remembering Cory reminds us about the truly important things in life.
- Bishop Soc: Memory of Cory teaches us simplicity and the detachment from power.
Sandra Aguinaldo, TV journalist:
- "we are a people power people." - pres. cory aquino
Neric Acosta, former senatorial candidate:
- Cory’s death recast the political landscape and restored national promise, not least w/ Noy’s people powered rise to the presidency.
Risa Hontiveros, Akabayan Partylist Representative and former LP senatorial candidate:
- On d eve of Cory Aquino’s 1st death anniv, Akbayan laid & gave flowers to people at d People Power Monument. We remember. Tuloy ang Laban!
Jiggy Cruz, blogger and grandson of later former President Cory Aquino:
- Many thanks to all those who read my post on Yahoo! Philippines. I appreciate the kind tweets and the prayers for my Lola. Maraming Salamat!
Artwork by Dyan Zarzuela. Photo from www.coryaquino.ph.