Tweets of the Week: Georgina Wilson, Angel Locsin, Maria Ressa + more
Georgina Wilson buys lots at Muji, Angel Locsin on the rescued Chilean miners, Maria Ressa on being Esquire’s Sexiest Filipina and more.
Georgina Wilson, model and VJ:
- In cebu: Preview editor in chief Pauline told me that my June cover for Preview this year was the best selling issue so far!! :) <3
- Hope everyone stays safe despite the impending typhoon!!
- MUJI was awwwesome!! Bought so many things. :) happy that the retail market in the Philippines is evolving
Raymond Gutierrez, TV host, Tweets photos from the Muji Opening and Preview’s 15th Anniversary:
- Full house here at the Muji launch! http://plixi.com/p/50742975
- Spotted @DivinemLee and @victorbasa! So many nice comments about her article today. Thanks guys! #MujiManila http://plixi.com/p/50754265
- Ms. Joey Mead said the nicest thing about The Dialogue. Thanks @powertothepinay! #MujiManila
- Channel V’s Megan Young. #MujiManila http://plixi.com/p/50755690
- Had a good laugh with gorgeous @mikaelamartinez about her new Greenwich tvc. #MujiManila http://plixi.com/p/50756354
- Loving Cebu as always! Fun night with @lizzzuy @ilovegeorgina @isabelledaza @iamsuperbianca @adriensemblat @Bunker_Obey bea and eric! :)
- What a success! Preview takes over Cebu with @lizzzuy @iamsuperbianca @isabelledaza and bea soriano! http://plixi.com/p/51019253
- Break time from all the dancing with @Bunker_Obey and @ilovegeorgina http://plixi.com/p/51019671
Maxene Magalona, actress, Tweets while shopping at Muji:
- Konichiwa, Muji Manila! @anavitangcol @youradrianne @renchieveracruz http://plixi.com/p/50692666
- Shopping at Muji is fun! http://plixi.com/p/50706306
- MUJI @piamagalona @anavitangcol http://plixi.com/p/50706637
Angel Locsin, actress:
- I think isa sa dahilan kung bakit successful ang rescue operation sa Chile miners is because walang pumapel. walang nag papogi. walang epal
Andi Manzano, radio DJ and TV host:
- women of hollywood, please stop starving yourself. it doesnt look nice and it wouldnt look good for my sisters either. here’s a cup of rice
Jericho Rosales, actor and singer:
- basura,lagay na po natin sa tama. Nasusuka na mga kanal. Ayoko na mag-surf sa baha.. O kaya sa dagat ng basura. Ganda ng Pinas! Ano baaaa!!!
Maria Ressa, journalist:
- Days of speculation and debate. Thank you for your thoughts, Tweeps! Thank you to Esquire for an unorthodox choice. Brave new world.
- what a surprise! ABSCBNNews.com: Ressa is Esquire’s Sexiest Woman Alive for Philippines http://t.co/EDcVAlK
- Thank you, Tweeps, for all your thoughts and well-wishes. I am happy and planning what’s next. Will let you know once I know! :-)
Gabe Mercado, comedian:
- Some parents look at their kids and wonder just what it is that they did wrong. I look at Beeto and wonder how ever did I get it right? :)
- The other side of the coin of course, is that Beeto could be looking at me and thinking "what did I do to deserve such a strange dad?"
Pia Hontiveros, TV journalist:
- What’s so great Is seeing how organized, deliberate and precise the way the rescue of the Chilean miners is being carried out...and look at the faces of each and every single person on that platform, they know exactly what to do. Now this is good crisis management.
Jim Paredes, singer and songwriter:
- A beautiful lesson Chile taught us: :’Basta’t magkaisa tayong lahat, pwedeng magtagumpay kahit ano pang sitwasyon’.
- lesson two: Being competent, using modern and right technology pay off.
- When we did EDSA in 86’, the world felt the same way about us. Tuloy ang ikot ng mundo.
- People resonate with unity, courage, competence, indomitable spirit everywhere. Today, Chile is the embodiment of all these.
Gregorio Larrazabal, Comelec Commissioner:
- How effective really is social networking in info dissemination? Specially with reference to the grassroots and brgys? Is it over-hyped?
- That’s exactly the point. Delivering the message still requires the tri-media approach. Social networking merely compliments it.
- In delivering a message, the method of delivery, to effect maximum dissemination is very essential.
Dinky Soliman, Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Secretary, on her Twitter username:
- Why "dinkysunflower"? because sunflowers look up to the sun for optimism and hope :)
Artwork by Warren Espejo. Photo from PEP.ph.