P-Noy says no to a state burial for Marcos

Interaksyon.com reports that Pesident Benigno Aquino III said he "will not allow a single centavo of government money to be spent on the burial of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos."

Interaksyon.com reports that Pesident Benigno Aquino III said he "will not allow a single centavo of government money to be spent on the burial of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos." The president said that doing so would be a form of "injustice." He made the statement at the forum of the Foreign Correspondents Association of the Philippines yesterday, October 12.

 

Vice President Jejomar Binay had recommended that the late dictator be buried in his native Ilocos Norte province, with full military honors. The Marcos family had earlier pushed for a hero’s burial at the Libingan ng mga Bayani.

 

Aquino said the atrocities during the martial law regime cannot be divorced from Marcos.  "I am not sanctioning it... not under my watch," he said.

 

For more on this story, log on to Interaksyon.com.

Tell us your #feels!

Win
Yum
LOL
WTF
0
Total votes
View more stories tagged ""

Read more stories about

Comments

Latest Stories

Load More Stories

SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER

Get the latest updates right in your inbox!