Valerie Concepcion’s "party tweets," the Annabelle Rama-Nadia Montenegro kidnapping episode + more lowlights
Plus, the Sen. Miriam Santiago-Heart Evangelista connection, the nth Panday movie, and more crazy tales.
1. FORMER PRESIDENT AND CURRENT PAMPANGA REP. GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO’S REQUEST TO SPEND CHRISTMAS AT HER Q.C. HOME IS DENIED. Does this mean they’ll let her grandkids use their iPod at the VMMC now?
2. RETIRED MAJOR GENERAL JOVITO PALPARAN JR. EVADES ARREST, NOW ON THE RUN. On his imaginary Christmas card to GMA: "God bless you for getting all their attention."
3. IN THE WAKE OF SENDONG’S DAMAGE, AUTHORITIES WANT TO INVESTIGATE THE ALLEGED ILLEGAL LOGGING IN CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY. In this country, it often seems like you need a four-figure death toll before things get done right.
4. LAST-MINUTE CHRISTMAS SHOPPERS TROOP TO DIVISORIA. FYI, the annual Pickpockets’ Organization of the Philippines (POOP) convention is also ongoing.
5. FORMER ILOCOS SUR REP. RONALD SINGSON TO BE RELEASED FROM PRISON IN HONG KONG AFTER DOING TIME FOR DRUG POSSESSION, JUDGE CITES HIS GOOD BEHAVIOR. Moral of story: A bad congressman can transform into a model prisoner.
7. ANNABELLE RAMA CHARGES NADIA MONTENEGRO WITH ATTEMPTED KIDNAPPING. These two should be given their own reality show! (Their feud is more entertaining that a telenovela.)
8. BONG REVILLA PLAYS "ANG PANDAY" YET AGAIN. We’d rather pay to watch the Rama vs. Montenegro fight.
9. ACTRESS VALERIE CONCEPCION’S "PSG PALACE PARTY TWEETS" GET P-NOY IN HOT WATER. The road to hell is now paved with tweets.
10. INSPIRED BY HER FRIEND SEN. MIRIAM SANTIAGO, ACTRESS HEART EVANGELISTA THINKS ABOUT JOINING POLITICS. Miriam may very well be Heart’s much-taller Yoda.
Art by Warren Espejo