Ara Mina sues Cristine Reyes, Erap denies early campaign + more lowlights
Plus, the Down to Mars boys love Marian Rivera, Heart Evangelista and Daniel Matsunaga call it quits, and more nutty tales.
1. EX-PRESIDENT ERAP ESTRADA MARKS HIS 75TH BIRTHDAY BY GIVING GIFTS TO PEOPLE, BUT SAYS THIS MOVE ISN’T PART OF "EARLY CAMPAIGNING" SINCE HIS DECISION TO RUN FOR MAYOR OF MANILA ISN’T FINAL YET. It’s never too early...to campaign early.
2. METRO MANILA IS RANKED NO. 3 IN CNNGO’S "WORLD’S 10 WORST CITIES FOR DRIVING." What!? We’re not No. 1? We demand a recount!
3. ACCORDING TO A SURVEY DONE BY A U.S. RESEARCH GROUP, FILIPINOS ARE THE WORLD’S MOST RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. And we have larger-than-life representations of The Ten Commandments tablets to prove it.
4. P-NOY VISITS VICE PRESIDENT JEJOMAR BINAY’S OFFICE, THE COCONUT PALACE. This is politicians’ version of "couples therapy."
5. BOXER AND SARANGANI REP. MANNY PACQUIAO JUMPS FROM THE LIBERAL PARTY TO PDP-LABAN, MAKING IN THE NTH TIME THAT HE’S SWITCHED TO ANOTHER POLITICAL PARTY. He’s going for another record here.
<>6. SINCE ONE CONGRESSMAN IS PUSHING THAT NORA AUNOR BE NAMED AS A NATIONAL ARTIST, ANOTHER CONGRESSMAN SAYS VILMA SANTOS SHOULD BE A NATIONAL ARTIST, TOO. Noranians vs. Vilmanians: Reloaded. <> <> <> <>7. ACTRESS HEART EVANGELISTA AND BRAZILIAN-JAPANESE MODEL DANIEL MATSUNAGA BREAK UP. Looks like we really have to say, "Sayonara," to this relationship. <> <> <> <>8. SISTERS ARA MINA AND CRISTINE REYES HAVE MONEY ISSUES, THE FORMER ENDS UP SUING THE LATTER FOR LIBEL AND GRAVE COERCION. Does it really have to come down to this? <> <> <> <>9. MEMBERS OF THE P-POP (INPIRED BY K-POP) GROUP DOWN TO MARS LOVE MARIAN RIVERA. Cultural salad: Members of a Pinoy boy band that’s patterned after Korea’s K-Pop groups are in awe of a half-Spanish Pinay who shot to fame by starring in the Philippine remake of a Mexican soap opera. <> <> <> <>10. ACTOR RICHARD GUTIERREZ DENIES REPORTS THAT HE WAS CAUGHT OVERSPEEDING AT THE SOUTH LUZON EXPRESS WAY. Three words: Slow news day. (We can relate.) <> <> <> Art by Warren Espejo