17 dead, 1 missing in Butuan City blaze

Manila Bulletin Online reports that at least 17 people perished while three others were injured and one missing when a two-hour blaze hit a two-storey commercial building in Butuan City Wednesday morning, police officials said. Of the number, 15 bodies have so far been recovered as of 11 a.m., the report said, quoting Chief Supt. Reynaldo Rafal, director of the CARAGA regional police. He said firemen and volunteers have yet to account for two more victims after the three survivors said 20 people were inside the building.

Manila Bulletin Online reports that at least 17 people perished while three others were injured and another one missing when a two-hour blaze hit a two-storey commercial building in Butuan City Wednesday morning. Of the number, 15 bodies have so far been recovered as of 11 a.m., the report said, quoting Chief Supt. Reynaldo Rafal, director of the CARAGA regional police. He said firemen and volunteers have yet to account for two more victims after the three survivors said 20 people were inside the building when it caught fire.


All of the victims were stay-in workers of at least five stores housed in the building, which is located in Montilla Boulevard in downtown Butuan City, the report said. The building used to house a popular theater house in the area, but its owner had decided later to lease it to some local businessmen, according to Supt. Martin Gamba, spokesman of the CARAGA regional police, in the report.


For more on this story, log on to Manila Bulletin Online.

Tell us your #feels!

Win
Yum
LOL
WTF
0
Total votes
View more stories tagged ""

Read more stories about

Comments

Latest Stories

Load More Stories

SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER

Get the latest updates right in your inbox!