Gloria Arroyo’s legal breather, Azkals vs. "racist" football fans + more lowlights
Plus, the DILG loves Dingdong Dantes, Chiz Escudero is on top, and more nutty news.
1. THE DEPARTMENT OF INTERIOR AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT (DILG) GIVES ACTOR DINGDONG DANTES AN AWARD FOR BEING A "NEW GENERATION YOUTH LEADER." What does this award even mean?
2. ATTY. MIDAS MARQUEZ SAYS HE WON’T RESIGN AS SUPREME COURT ADMINISTRATOR DESPITE CALLS FOR HIM TO DO SO AFTER OUSTED CHIEF JUSTICE RENATO CORONA’S EXIT. Somewhere out there, somebody’s pointing at this video clip and saying, "He’s next."
3. ACCORDING TO A PULSE ASIA SURVEY, SENATOR CHIZ ESCUDERO IS THE TOP FAVORITE AMONG NEXT YEAR’S SENATE HOPEFULS. It’s because he has a whole lot of, well, heart.
4. TWO WOMEN FROM CEBU SUFFER FROM INFECTION AFTER "BUTT IMPLANT OPERATIONS" DONE BY A BOGUS DOCTOR NAMED GLORIA RABOR. Prior to their butt implant procedures, the fake plastic surgeon also gave them nose jobs. (This would be the butt of so many jokes if it weren’t so tragic.)
5. MANNY PACQUIAO COMPARES HIS TRAINING TO "HEAVEN." Who are you and what have you done to the real Manny Pacquiao?
6. THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION SAYS THE PROBLEMS OF THE SYSTEM WILL BE SOLVED IN TIME. Hopefully, it will be sometime in this century.
7. OMBUDSMAN CONCHITA CARPIO-MORALES DISMISSES THE BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION CHARGE AGAINST FORMER PRESIDENT GLORIA ARROYO. Will P-Noy be driven to sing "Estudyante Blues" all night over this?
8. DURING THEIR JUNE 5 FRIENDLY MATCH AGAINST INDONESIA, THE AZKALS ARE TAUNTED BY SOME FANS OF THE OTHER TEAM WITH THE "HINDI KAYO PILIPINO!" CHANT. We know who we have to thank for this notion.
9. SOME PEOPLE ARE SURPRISED TO FIND OUT THAT JESSICA SANCHEZ WILL BE SINGING "THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER" IN THE PACQUIAO-BRADLEY FIGHT. Uh, that’s why she was eligible for American Idol...because she’s American.
10. SEN. KOKO PIMENTEL’S DOMESTIC TRAVAIL IS FEATURED ON STARTALK. Do you really need this much exposure, senator?
Art by Warren Espejo