InterAksyon.com reports that "two longtime fixtures of the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF)-the Enteng Kabisote and Shake, Rattle & Roll franchises-will lead the 38th staging of the Metro Manila Film Festival this December." The report noted: "Perhaps, the only surprise was the selection committee’s snub of director Brillante Mendoza's entry, Sa 'Yo Ang Sinapupunan (Thy Womb), starring superstar Nora Aunor as a Badjao midwife."
Below is the list of the eight official entries released by the festival selection committee on Saturday, June 16:
1. One More Try (Star Cinema) Cast: Dingdong Dantes, Angel Locsin, Zanjoe Marudo, and Angelica Panganiban. Director: Ruel Bayani
2. Mga Kuwento ni Lola Basyang (Unitel Pictures) Cast: Richard Gomez, Paolo Contis, Sam Concepcion, Iza Calzado, Rufa Mae Quinto, Empress Shuck and Zsa Zsa Padilla. Directors: Mark Meily and Chris Martinez
3. Si Agimat, Si Enteng Kabisote and Me (Octo Arts Films, M-Zet Productions, Imus Productions, APT Entertainment, and GMA Films) Cast: Vic Sotto, Ramon "Bong" Revilla, Jr. and Judy Ann Santos. Director: Tony Y. Reyes
4. El Presidente (Scenema Concepts) Cast: Jeorge "ER" Estregan, Cristine Reyes, and Nora Aunor. Director: Mark Meily.
5. Shake, Rattle & Roll 14 (Regal Entertainment) Cast: Lovi Poe, Dennis Trillo, and Iza Calzado. Director: Chito S. Rono.
6. Sisteraka (Star Cinema and Viva Films) Cast: Vice Ganda and Kris Aquino. Director: Wenn Deramas.
7. The Strangers (Quantum Films) Cast: Julia Montes, Enrique Gil, Enchong Dee, Jaime Fabregas, and Cherry Pie Picache. Director: Lawrence Fajardo.
8. Coño Problems (GMA Films) Cast: Aljur Abrenica, Solenn Heussaff, Maxene Magalona, Isabelle Diaz, Mikael Daez, and Bianca King. Director: Andoy Ranay.
For more on this story, log on to InterAksyon.com.