ABS-CBNNews.com reports that the Department of Education (DepEd), LGU officers, and school personnel said classes from pre-school to high school (and in some colleges), both public and private, are suspended in the following cities and towns:
1. Quezon City
2. San Juan
9. Marikina (preschool to college)
10. Muntinlupa (preschool to college)
11. Taguig (pre-school to high school, plus Taguig City University)
12. Makati (pre-school to college)
13. Pasig (pre-school to college)
14. Parañaque (pre-school to college)
15. Las Piñas (pre-school to college)
College students in some cities are advised to call their respective schools to confirm if their classes have been suspended.
The ABS-CBNNews.com report also reported that the following tertiary institutions have declared the suspension of their classes:
- PUP campuses in Metro Manila
- Asia Pacific College
- National University
- City College Manila
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- UP Manila Centro Escolar University (all campuses)
- DLSU-St. Benilde (classes and offices)
- De La Salle University Dasmariñas (classes and offices)
- University of the East (Manila and Caloocan campuses)
- University of Sto. Tomas (all levels, offices)
Meanwhile, according to PAGASA’s Friday (July 29), 11 p.m. weather bulletin, "tropical storm Gener had intensified further and was moving in a north northwest direction."
For more on this story, log on to ABS-CBNNews.com.