Santa won’t like this: 9 Metro Manila stores allegedly caught overpricing noche buena goodies
If it’s true, then they’ve all been very naughty.
ABS-CBNnews.com reports: "The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has issued show-cause orders to 9 supermarkets found to be selling noche buena products above suggested retail prices." The nine stores are the following:
1. Purity Supermarket (E. Rodriguez, Quezon City)
2. Walter Mart Supermarket (E. Rodriguez, Quezon City)
3. Welcome Supermarket (E. Rodriguez, Quezon City)
4. Daily Supermarket (Cubao)
5. Metro Supermarket in Market! Market! (Taguig)
6. Mightee Mart (Sta. Cruz, Manila)
7. Shopwise (Pasong Tamo, Makati)
8. Cash & Carry (Makati)
9. Puregold (Delpan, Makati)
The report noted: "Among the noche buena items monitored by DTI are ham; fruit cocktail, cheese/sandwich spread; keso de bola; pasta/spaghetti/macaroni; spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and cream."