Pinoys are ranked No. 6 in "World’s Most Positive People" list
As the song goes, "Smile though your heart is aching."
Yes, thinking positive is our thing.
ANC reports, "According to a survey done by Gallup, an American research company, a lot of Filipinos experienced ’positive emotions’ in 2013."
Gallup disclosed that the results are based on telephone and face-to-face interviews with approximately 1,000 adults (aged 15 and older) in each of the 132 countries covered by the survey.
The respondents were asked questions like "Did you feel well-rested yesterday?," Were you treated with respect all day yesterday?," and so on.
Below is a list of the top 10 most positive countries and their respective positivity indexes:
1. Paraguay - 87
2. Panama - 86
3. Guatemala, Nicaragua, and Ecuador - 83
4. Costa Rica, Colombia, and Denmark - 82
5. Honduras, Venezuela, and El Sallvador - 81
6. Indonesia, Philippines, and Thailand - 80
7. United Arab Emirates, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia - 79
8. Chile, Argentina, Taiwan, Sweden, Iceland, United States of America, Netherlands, and Dominican Republic - 78
9. Rwanda - 77
10. Austria, Uzbekistan, Uruguay, China, Ireland, Mexico, France, Mali, and Finland - 76
Now, let’s see if we can beat Paraguay in 2014, shall we?
For more on this story log on to the ANC website.