Quotes of the Week: Senator Bam Aquino gets sassy, Brad Pitt changes careers + more
The city’s most interesting soundbites this week
(SPOT.ph) The PDAF Scam plot continues to thicken, but our interest is wearing thin. It doesn’t feel like we’re getting any closer to solving this whodunit. Maybe we should consider election lawyer Romulo Macalintal’s suggestion. Blowing up the House of Parliament looked like fun in V for Vendetta...but we don’t have to be so physical with the call for abolition.
This and more in the first edition of Quotes of the Week!
1. "Do we have to thank her for her offer to return the money she stole from us?" -Senator Bam Aquino, on business woman Janet Lim-Napoles.
This might be rhetorical but we feel compelled to say, "Hell no."
2. "May asim pa ako...Hirap maging sexy, hinahabol e." -Senator Jinggoy Estrada, taking his codename to literal levels.
We’re chasing something, alright. A wild goose.
3. "Si Ms. Napoles ang nakikinabang dahil nagugulo ang usapan at nahihirit niya ang kanyang immunity o pagiging state witness. Nagagantihan niya ang mga nag-i-imbestiga sa kanya sa pagdawit ng pangalan nila. Nakikinabang din dito ’yung mga makapangyarihan sa likod niya na hindi pa napapangalanan, pati na rin ang mga political supporters niya." -Senator Alan Peter Cayetano, on the Napolist.
We sincerely hope you’re not guilty.
4. "Do not lead them in the wrong direction...Be discerning on where you are leading your children" -Fr. Conegundo Garganta, on One Direction and drugs.
Do not lead them under the robes.
5. "I'm a farmer now." -Brad Pitt, on his career.
This is what happens when movie stars get punched (in the face).
6. "Bumili na lang kayo ng notebook kesa i-vote n’yo sa akin sa FHM." -Bela Padilla, on the FHM sexiest women list.
7. "Haiyan was a harsh reminder. The ’new normal’ brought by climate change is not just here to stay, its effects are worsening." -P-Noy, on serious matters we shouldn’t joke about.
Unlike the short-lived LGBT-themed show, this new normal won’t be cancelled any time soon.
We love your boys, too.
9. "Comparisons always lead to despair." -Shailene Woodley, on being compared to Jennifer Lawrence.
10. "We have to file a resolution to amend the Constitution to abolish Congress even for six years. After six years, we ask the people again, 'Would you like to revive Congress?’" -Election Lawyer Romulo Macalintal, expressing everyone’s frustration.
Why does this sound so...tempting?
Art by Warren Espejo, with photos from PEP.ph and screenshots from Facebook fan pages, various TV show videos, news clips, and images used by fans in YouTube slideshows.