Quotes of the Week: Gigi Reyes slams journalists, Joker slams P-Noy + others
The city's most interesting soundbites this week
(SPOT.ph) This week, long story arcs were dragged out some more. When is this PDAF Scam saga ending? Now we have DAP to worry about too? This is only a good week if you’re a fan of Germany. Brutal as that game was, we wonder if it really warrants this tweet from Malaysian legislator Bung Mokhtar Radin. They played like Hitler? That sounds a bit too much.
This and more in our Quotes of the Week!
1. "For the record, I never complained nor cried over such things." -Atty. Gigi Reyes, on reports that that she cried at the thought of going to a "dingy" jail cell.
Senator Enrile’s former chief of staff slammed the journalists for their lack of compassion and fairness. She speaks as though there’s an abundance of such virtues in politics.
2. "In God’s time lalabas tayo." -Senator Bong Revilla, after his pre-trial hearing.
Who...? We are not in jail. You, singular, are in jail.
3. "They had their best match of the World Cup and we had our worst. That was the difference." -Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari, on the World Cup match that made everyone not rooting for Germany cringe.
Heck, even Germany was probably cringing. Maybe pinching themselves, to check if it wasn’t some dream.
4. "Father, maka pasaylo ko. Wala man ko maglagot pero nasakitan ko og naulaw lang ko. Makapasaylo ko kay wala ko mag huna huna og balos. Isip Kristyanos kay mitoo ko og Ginoo. Ang Ginoo na ang bahala." -The teenage mom on the receiving end of Father Romeo Obach viral tirade against premarital sex.
Translation: Father, forgive me. I don't hate you but I was hurt and shamed by what you did. I have forgiven you. I was not thinking of getting even. As a Christian, I believe in God. God will take care of everything.
5. "It seems that P-Noy and Marcos thought alike." -Former Senator Joker Arroyo, on President Aquino’s use of the DAP, which has been ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.
Well, well. There’s an insult.
6. "Ang pagiging isang mabuting tao ay wala sa kasarian, ang mahalaga kung paano mo mahalin ang sarili mo at kung paano ka nakakatulong sa kapwa mo at higit lalo sa pamilya mo." -Honorary Beki Marian Rivera, upon receiving the title.
Combined with her FHM ranking, she is now the Sexiest Beki Woman in the Philippines.
7. "My hope for the future, not just in the music industry, but in every young girl I meet...is that they all realize their worth and ask for it." -Taylor Swift, writing for the Wall Street Journal about the future of music.
Not like a dowry though.
8. "Ako, hinihintay ko rin ang paliwanag kung saan napunta ang pera but again wala naman sigurong pwedeng maitago sa ating lipunan lalabas at lalabas talaga iyan." -Senator Bam Aquino, on Budget Secretary Butch Abad, the DAP, and it’s alleged misuse.
Are you sure? Because it seems like a lot has been kept from the public and swept under the rug for years and years and years now.
9. "Siguro this has opened our eyes na yung state ng ating detention facilities, that needs to be upgraded, na sana ay mabigyan ng konting budget para maging mas humane ang conditions." -Senator JV Ejercito, on prison facilities now that his fellow senators are privy to the experience of incarciration.
We can think of a list of things you should try doing to understand why they need to be more humane. Have you ever tried living on minimum wage?
10. "Tau Gamma Phi has expressed sadness over this incident. We would like to make it clear that we do not advocate the killing of neophytes." -Tau Gamma Phi adviser Atty. Jay Castro, in an attempt to bring peace between the fraternity and the bereaved family of Guillo Servando.
We have an idea for advocating not killing neophytes: not hitting neophytes. Not hitting them is guaranteed to not kill them. Just a thought. Let it simmer.
Art by Warren Espejo, with photos from PEP.ph and screenshots from Facebook fan pages, various TV show videos, news clips, and images used by fans in YouTube slideshows.