Quotes of the Week: Bongbong for President, Binay for President + others
The city's most interesting soundbites this week
(SPOT.ph) This week started with an epic traffic jam, which is terrible...but at least the worst is over. It only got better (sort of) after that, with the weather clearing a little and look, ceasefire in Gaza. Locally, everyone’s discussing the elections like it’s happening two weeks from now. We’re just not ready yet.
1. "There is no use being a president if you are not going to be a good one." - Senator Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr., on his mother’s wish for him to become the president
One person’s dream is another person’s nightmare.
2. "Dapat mas mahaba ang termino ni Pangulong P-Noy." - DILG Secretary Mar Roxas, on who he thinks should replace the President
Get a room, you guys. Too much bromancing. You’re making us blush.
3. "Bakit nga ba na kapag pinapalabas ang pelikula mo sa sarili mong bansa na alam mong kinilala at binigyan ng recognition sa ibang festivals, kinakabahan ka kasi alam mong masasaktan ka kapag hindi pareho ang reception? Bakit pagdating dito sa ating bansa, medyo malabnaw or lukewarm ang isang reception sa isang pelikulang alam mong ginawa dahil sa storya na inspired ng Pilipino? Bakit ganun?" - Actress Eugene Domingo, on one aspect of Philippine Cinema.
Colon, open parenthesis.
4. "If the election will be held today, Binay will win by a landslide." - Senator Serge Osmeña, on the false rumor that Vice President Jejomar is being courted by the Liberal Party
Landslides are dangerous.
5. "I told her, ’Alex, this is a lesson learned for you na next time you have to choose the people na you will entertain in your life kasi baka iba ang intention nila. ’Yun pala intention nila maging girlfriend ka, hindi naman ’yun ang gusto mo, gusto mo lang friendship. So nagmumukha kang nagpapaasa.’" - Actress Toni Gonzaga, on her sister Alex and Ryan Bang.
6. "Ngayon lang may nakapinsin sa akin. Miss Kris, ganun talaga! Ang hirap talaga sa showbiz!" - Actress Beauty Gonzalez, on her recent weight loss that sparked media attention.
Next time, we hope they notice what a nice, bubbly person you are!
7. "Huwag magpadalos-dalos sa lahat ng mga nanliligaw, kasi marami ba ’yang magsasabi na, ’Mahal taka.’ Pero binigkas lang sa labi. Hindi tayo makatungkad sa puso kung totoo ba, kung tunay na tunay." - Mommy Dionisia, on her suitor (boyfriend?) and love in general.
Okay, aside from the fact that her antics are making her own son shake his head in dismay (Manny’s opinion: "Ma, masakit lang sa ulo iyan. Anong pipiliin mo-ang sundin ang katawan mo, o sundin ang Espiritu Santo?")...her tip about relationships is actually worth remembering.
8. "The issues and the principles of accountability and transparency apply to all, even to S[upreme] C[ourt], even to the chief justice, as it does with the President and all of us." - Senator Francis "Chiz" Escudero, on the Judiciary Development Fund (dubbed the Judicial Pork).
The couple pictures on Heart Evangelista’s Instagram account were taken in the name of transparency.
9. "I'm so proud of her. First time ko napanood, ang galing niya. Everyone was really good. It's a really good movie." - Actor Billy Crawford, on his girlfriend’s acting abilities.
We can’t take your word for it, dude. You’re in luurve.
10. "I don't like fights. It's a waste of time. It's a waste of energy." - Actress Lovi Poe, on rumored tiff with Marian Rivera.
Art by Warren Espejo, with photos from PEP.ph and screenshots from Facebook fan pages, various TV show videos, news clips, and images used by fans in YouTube slideshows.