Binay camp bares list of Ernesto Mercado’s alleged ill-gotten properties
Wasn’t this already established in August?
Back in August, Former Makati City Vice Mayor Ernesto Mercado famously said, "Kung ang vice mayor ay nakinabang, mas lalo na ang mayor. Kung ako ay nakinabang, imposibleng hindi nakinabang ang aking mayor." The man was obviously saying that he was part of the corrupt system...but as though that wasn’t enough, the Binay camp came up with some evidence on Thursday (November 20).
In a report by the Philippine Star, United Nationalist Alliance (UNA) Interim President and Navotas City Representative Toby Tiangco shared a list of Mercado’s properties that were acquired through "dummies" and other dirty, dirty ways. The list includes:
1. 100-hectare Underwater Garden Hotel and Resort in La Jala, Coron, Palawan
2. The multimillion-peso resort Villa Juanita in Coron
3. One-hectare Grand Villa Pateros in Barangay Aguho, Pateros
4. JMK Professional Manpower Solution Inc., registered in the names of Juanita Mercado and Karla Pascual Mercado
5. 200-hectare Grand Villa and Butterfly Center in Los Baños, Laguna
6. 500-hectare Hunter Valley Plantation and Resort in Cabanatuan, Nueva Ecija
7. Nitz Face & Body Care Center in Barangay Aguho
8. Lawndale Finance Co. (LFCI) in Cabanatuan City
9. St. Therese Multi-Specialty Services Inc. in Makati City
This is on top of some other properties in Makati and Nueva Ecija. Representative Tiangco claimed that this is proof that Mercado, we quote, "enriched himself" while in office and added, "He admitted getting kickbacks. His wealth is the fruit of his corrupt ways. If he will not do that, his land donation is just a gimmick."
The Binay camp continued to deny that the Vice President himself had anything to do with any underhanded deals and shifted to attacking Mercado through Ariel Olivar, whom they claim is the former vice mayor’s asset. Way to stir the pot to make the plot thicken, guys.
For more on this story, log on to PhilStar.com.