Beep payments on Friday reminded consumers of the tap-to-pay cards to take note of the expiration date to avoid inconvenience.
Beep cards are designed to expire after four years to ensure it won't malfuction due to wear and tear, it said.
READ: Beep Card Accepted in More LRT-1 Food Kiosks, Operator Says
Those who plan to keep using their Beep cards for another year can renew it 180 days before or after its expiry for just P10.
The new expiry date will be based on the same month as the original expiry date, plus one year. So if your renewed your card which will expire on October 2022, its new expiry date is October 2023.
Here's how to renew your card:
1. Check the back of your card for the expiration date so you would know when to extend its validity.
2. Make sure you have a load of no less than P10.
3. Visit any of these locations for the beep card express renewal devices:
- All Rail stations (LRT1, LRT2 at MRT 3)
- SSSI BGC Telus booth in McKinley and Market! Market!
- TAS Trans Nuvali terminal booth
- San Agustin Trans Terminal
- Coming soon: One Ayala Terminal and LNC
Do not remove the card before the P10 fee is deducted so it will not be blacklisted.