Quotes of the Week: Mayor Duterte on what a leader is, Chris Pratt on being invisible + others
The city's most interesting soundbites this week
(SPOT.ph) This week, Vice President Jejomar Binay wants you to know that he did not do premature campaigning. Dingdong Dantes also addresses the same topic and Quezon City Mayor Herbert Bautista is removing the L from FLAMES. Fames.
Check out more of the week's news—in quotes!
1. "A leader must be a terror to the few who are evil in order to protect the lives and well-being of the many who are good. " — Davao City Mayor Rody Duterte, on his plans for 2016.
Yeah, but must he get rid of them permanently? Write your answer on wanport sheet of paper.
2. "We have to be vindicated. We have to prove to people that they are lying. We have to prove to these people na walang katotohanan lahat ng binibintang nila." — Representative Abby Binay, on the issues hounding and haunting their family.
Girl, maybe you should tell your dad and brother to attend hearings with documents proving their innocence. It seems like a good place to start.
3. "I will categorically declare that I’m not running [for office in 2016]." — Actor Dingdong Dantes, on the buzz about a senatorial campaign in 2016.
Whew. Although that might've inspired us to do a Hottest Senators list. Hmm.
4. "Para klaro lang, we were never lovers!" — Quezon City Mayor Herbert Bautista, on his previous relationship with Kris Aquino.
You know that thing that happens when you tell people not to think about something...and they think about it more because you mentioned it? Now playing in our heads: "Lovers."
5. "Actors come up and just blatantly hit on my wife in front of me and don’t even look at me." — Actor Chris Pratt, looking back on his chubbier days.
Good thing you guys are meant to be together. As a bonus quote, here's what he says about wife Anna Faris during his Reddit AMA: "Anna and I are meant to be together. Our relationship has made me believe in divine intervention and destiny, just as much as my crazy career and the way I fell into this life."
6. "Natutuwa nga ako na napakarami ang interesado sa anong ikikilos ni Mar Roxas at siguro ibig sabihin ako talaga ang pinakamatibay na kandidato dahil lahat sila ay komentaryo tungkol sa akin o sa gawain ko." — DILG Secretary Mar Roxas, on the future and all the people asking him about it.
Ikaw naman, baka chismosa lang sila. They're actually more interested about the Janice de Belen-Gerald Anderson-Maja Salvador love triangle and that only means that people are...people.
7. "Ang tanong ko lang—mayroon bang nagbabawal na tumakbo ang isang nakakulong? Wala namang batas na nagbabawal 'di ba?" — Senator Bong Revilla, on his election plans.
There's no specific law prohibiting people from taking a dump inside a train. Doesn't mean they should do it.
8. "Hindi ba kapag umiikot ka, namimigay ka ng mga souvenir? Kasama lang 'yun dahil ngayong araw na 'to, napadaan ako, at namigay ako ng souvenir." — Vice President Jejomar Binay, on the candies he handed out to people.
Us? No, we don't do that, sir. We don't randomly give out candies and shirts with our names on it. We don't even have candies and shirts with our names on them.
9. "I believe in honesty, and being open to scrutiny by the people is very important in our job. We have our differences when it comes to this." — Senator Grace Poe, on Vice President Jejomar Binay.
"Burn for me bey-beh."
10. "I hope you find the courage to decide for yourself what is right and what is wrong, and then please, expect as much of the world around you. Try to make the world good according to your standards." — Comedian Stephen Colbert, giving a speech at the Wake Forest University’s Class of 2015.
Thinking for yourself is a great habit to develop! Not a joke!
Art by Warren Espejo, with photos from PEP.ph and screenshots from Facebook fan pages, various TV show videos, news clips, and images used by fans in YouTube slideshows.