Quotes of the Week: Senator Grace Poe takes a beating, Vice President Binay says he had nothing to do with it + others
The city's most interesting soundbites this week
(SPOT.ph) This week, we learned about citizenship and residency, care of UNA party-list members discrediting Senator Grace Poe's qualifications to run for higher office. Curiously, even the old rumor about being the illegitimate daughter of former president Ferdinand Marcos was unearthed and presented as...well, just another rumor.
Outside the public word war between the two leading "candidates" in the Presidential Polls, we've got good news: Christopher Nolan has explained the ending to Inception. The bad news? It may not be the answer you want.
In any case, check out the week's news—in quotes.
1. "Sa totoo lang, bakit kayo natatakot sa akin?" — Senator Grace Poe, on the astounding amount of character building exercises she had to go through this week.
Because you might've have inherited your father's action-star genes and start opening cans of whoop-ass on everyone.
2. "The way the end of that film worked, Leonardo DiCaprio’s character Cobb—he was off with his kids, he was in his own subjective reality. He didn’t really care anymore, and that makes a statement: perhaps, all levels of reality are valid. The camera moves over the spinning top just before it appears to be wobbling, it was cut to black." — Director Christopher Nolan, on the ending of Inception.
3. "I have heard your words and your disappointment, and I offer you a heartfelt apology to all who felt this was an odd or misguided casting choice." — Director Cameron Crowe, on casting Emma Stone as a half-Asian character.
There are beautiful Asian women with big, round eyes...but yeah, Emma Stone (although very cute) is just totally not Asian.
4. "To keep someone alive against their wishes is the ultimate indignity. I would consider assisted suicide only if I were in great pain or felt I had nothing more to contribute but was just a burden to those around me." — Physicist Stephen Hawking, on assisted suicide.
Brave and brilliant men talk about the big things in life.
5. "Kabilang po diyan ang mga tinatawag na trapo, o mga traditional politician. Sila po ang mga politikong mas gustong panatilihin ang mga problema sa kanilang sinasakupan para sila lagi ang lalapitan ng tao para hingan ng tulong." — President Benigno Aquino III, on trapo.
Guessing game ba ito?
6. "Sexy photos are just the icing that has been spread too soon and therefore has melted on this still-baking big and deep cake that can't seem to reach the 'baked and finished' stage. Tip of the iceberg." — Actress Sharon Cuneta, on her little feud with daughter KC Concepcion.
HUH? To put a little context, the Megastar expressed a bit of disappointment in her daughter earlier this week because of sexy photos on Instagram. Moms, are we right?
7. "Hindi puwede ‘yong pahele-hele ka sa pagtakbo mo. Ibig sabihin, pahele-hele rin ang pagtulong mo sa ating kababayan." — Senator Nancy Binay, on public servants who actually want to assess their abilities and consider the responsibilities before declaring their intention to run for the highest office in the land.
What if they just really want to take time and think? Also, sleep is really great for the body.
8. "Whoever is behind this below the belt personality attack against Senator Poe stating that she is not a real daughter of FPJ is inhuman." — Senator JV Ejercito, on the "foundling" issues regarding Senator Grace Poe.
Or just, you know, a politician. (If you want to dish out dirt, be ready to take it!)
9. "Kung sakaling marapatin ni Senator Poe na tumakbo bilang pangulo sa 2016, malugod itong tinatanggap at ginagalang ng aking ama. Karapatan niya na tumakbo sa kahit ano mang posisyon. Hindi ito dapat pag-ugatan ng kahit anumang away o alitan." — Makati Representative Abi Binay, on her father's real feelings about the vague tiff between him and Senator Grace Poe.
We totes believe this.
10. "Ayaw ko nang makisawsaw diyan and unang-una mahal ko pa rin si FPJ." — Vice President Jejomar Binay, on the issues concering him and Senator Grace Poe.
You don't want to say anything about an issue seemingly concerning you in a major way? Why are we not surprised?
Art by Warren Espejo, with photos from PEP.ph and screenshots from Facebook fan pages, various TV show videos, news clips, and images used by fans in YouTube slideshows.