Quotes of the Week: Vice President Binay is not going to get convicted, DILG Secretary Mar Roxas says people are free to dream + others
The city's most interesting soundbites this week
(SPOT.ph) First day of the long weekend! Don't waste it...or waste it, because it's your day. In case you want to catch up on what happened this week, it rained (and subsequently flooded), the Binays are against the Anti-Dynasty Bill and term limits, and rumor has it that Angelica Panganiban and John Lloyd Cruz might be splitting up.
Check out what else people are talking about in quotes of the week!
1. "Hindi naman ako mako-convict. Kung ma-convict man, hukuman ang gagawa, hindi Senado." — Vice President Jejomar Binay, on the cases filed against him.
Where is all this confidence coming from?
2. "I don't remember ordering a stab in the heart today." — Voice actress Tara Strong, on the Powerpuff Girls reboot.
Please don't hurt Bubbles, guys. Now we're sad, too.
3. "I’m ashamed of my voice. I only won because I’m entertaining." — Actress Melai Cantiveros, on winning Your Face Sounds Familiar.
That's all you need to be sometimes. Good show, good laughs—no need for shame, girl.
4. "She’s not my dream girl, she is my one and only girl." — Actor Matteo Guidicelli, on Sarah Geronimo.
In simple terms: Reality > dreams
5. "How in heaven’s name can we even allow this man to remain as a police officer? Why can’t we do the only decent thing of removing Purisima and hauling him to court for leading our SAF 44 to their graves?" — Senator Bongbong Marcos, on former PNP Chief Alan Purisima.
How many people need to ask this question before someone actually gives a decent answer?
6. "Karapatan ng bawat mamamayan na mangarap. Karapatan ng bawat mamamayan na magkaroon ng pag-asa." — DILG Secretary Mar Roxas, on Vice President Jejomar Binay and dreaming.
We also have the right to be happy. Give us some of that!
7. "Wala namang sinasabi ang Pangulo na kailangan ay katambal mo ganito o gawin mo yan, basta lang ay maging handa kung saka-sakali na sana ay maipagpatuloy yung maayos na pamamalakad." — Senator Grace Poe, about not having a plan yet.
It's nice to know people in Malacañang have meetings about nothing much.
8. "Hindi po mangyayari na ang Pangulong Aquino ay mag-e-endorse ng isang kandidato na hindi sa Partido Liberal." — Senator Franklin Drilon, on Vice President Binay's wish to be endorsed by P-Noy.
Never say never is what they always say.
9. "Breaking Bad was one of my all-time-favorite shows; I liked The Sopranos, and they are very violent. They had very violent elements to them, so yeah, maybe we're attracted to stuff that we can't get away with in our own day-to-day lives; we live out vicariously through other characters." — Actor Peter Dinklage, on TV shows he likes.
Tyrion likes Walter White!
10. "It’s beautiful and really deep, and sad and really funny. It is so sad—you are gonna cry your balls off!" — Actress Amy Poehler, on her upcoming Pixar movie, Inside Out.
Hoarding facial tissues now!
Art by Warren Espejo, with photos from PEP.ph and screenshots from Facebook fan pages, various TV show videos, news clips, and images used by fans in YouTube slideshows.