Quotes of the Week: Representative Imelda Marcos reacts to P-Noy, Heart talks about Poe-Escudero tandem + others
The city's most interesting soundbites this week
(SPOT.ph) We got an earful of great quotes from the President's last State of the Nation Address on Monday and then we had "Carla" Delevingne's strange interview on Wednesday. Between rumors of celebrity breakups and "political planning" for 2016, we're wading through a lot of talk this week. Here are the ones you should not miss.
1. "All I can say is something personal: they have not been nice to the Marcoses." — Ilocos Norte Representative Imelda Marcos, on the Aquinos.
Gee, we wonder why.
2. "He doesn't have any accomplishment, that's why. It shows he has no accomplishments. What he is saying is inaccurate. He even uses unknown people to lift himself. So self-serving. All propaganda, no meat." — Mike Arroyo, on P-Noy's constant reference to his wife's turn at the Palace.
Harsher things could be said about...you know what, P-Noy said enough.
3. "Happy naman kami. Responsibilidad mo sa sarili mo maging happy ka." — Actress Bea Alonzo, on breakup rumors.
Oh wow, so much pressure. (Good advice though!)
4. "The DSWD always ensures that the 4Ps remains free from political influence and manipulation, and the rights of the beneficiaries are safeguarded." — Social Welfare Secretary Dinky Soliman, on sketchy non-campaign practices.
Apparently, some government officials are claiming that the cash being doled out is a "bonus."
5. "We are building a better market here. Don’t you want development?" — Manila City Mayor Joseph Estrada, to Quinta vendors being evicted.
Mayor Estrada also assured the vendors that they would be relocated elsewhere.
6. "I'm not even sure I want the vice-presidency. I will cross that bridge when I get there. I might not even reach that bridge. Let me cross this one first." — Senator Chiz Escudero, on his 2016 plans.
Wait, what is "this one"?
7. "Basta ako, ang alam ko lang tandem na siguro na Poe and Escudero is August 10, Lovi Poe and Heart Escudero. That’s the only thing I’m certain about." — Actress Heart Evangelista-Escudero, on her husband's plans.
Coy answer aside, Heart's wearing the "progressive good wife shoes" like a pro.
8. "The key question for humanity today is whether to start a global artificial intelligence arms race or to prevent it from starting." — Stephen Hawking and the signatories of a petition to prevent killer robots from being a reality, on artificial intelligence.
Er, we haven't even decided what to have for lunch yet!
9. "You don't beat that anxiety. You don't mellow when you get older and gain a Buddhist acceptance." — Woody Allen, on still being neurotic.
He seems fine with it. We're all okay.
10. "Some people just don't understand sarcasm or the British sense of humour." — Cara Delevingne, on the interviewers who thought she was rude and suggested she take a nap.
If a question is weird, you're allowed to make a face. And with her eyebrows, hiding feelings is hard.
Art by Warren Espejo, with photos from PEP.ph and screenshots from Facebook fan pages, various TV show videos, news clips, and images used by fans in YouTube slideshows.