Quotes of the Week: Popoy returns, Ryan Rems continues to rock + others
The city's most interesting soundbites this week
(SPOT.ph) Uber's in trouble, a green space is in trouble, and Nilalang the movie is in trouble. This week is filled with bothersome news...so let's all take a moment to catch up on the latest trend: #AlDub. Our public servants continue to chitchat in public and while cutesy courtship is happening, the MRT continues to charm the crowd: Blockbuster of the sad kind. Here's what else was in the news—in quotes!
1. "Hindi ko alam kung tama bang nagkabalikan pa tayo." — Popoy (played by John Lloyd Cruz), in the teaser trailer of the supposed One More Chance sequel.
Is it really, really happening?
2. "Basta gusto lang natin makapagpasaya ng tao." — Ryan Rems Sarita, on winning the Funny One in It's Showtime!
Rak en rol!
3. "[I am] puzzled and fascinated by the way in which some readers remain untroubled by the content of a novel but deeply offended by the language in which it is described." — Writer Mark Haddon, on The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time being pulled out of children's reading lists.
Consider this an invitation to focus on what really matters.
4. "Thank you for giving me your attention but seriously sir, you don't have to! You are better off answering the corruption allegations against you instead of my FB post." — Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda, on trading barbs with the Binay camp.
We can probably round up 10 sassiest quotes from this guy. Bravo, sir.
5. "Hindi ito glorification ng pagiging kabit kasi makikita natin 'yung pain na pagdadaanan." — Kris Aquino, on her new mistress movie.
By definition, romanticism is an emphasis on emotions of any kind.
6. "In a no-rules fight, I believe I can beat anyone on this planet." — UFC Champ Ronda Rousey, asked if she thinks she can beat Floyd Mayweather Jr.
But in a no-rules fight, the other person could have a molecular disintegrator.
7. "It's not that I really wanted to film with Robin but I think it was so unprofessional of him to call it off 10 days before the shooting starts. " — Maria Ozawa, on Robin Padilla backing out of their MMFF entry, Nilalang.
How hard would it be to find a man who wants to star in a movie with Maria Ozawa?
8. "Maliwanag naman na panggigipit, harassment yung ginagawa sa kanya particularly yung paghain ng kaso. Tatlong taon na syang nakaupong senador, yung legal period para kwestyunin ano man ang qualifications nya na maging senador ay lumipas na ng 15 days after her proclamation so bakit ngayon lang?" — Senator Chiz Escudero, on the attacks on Senator Grace Poe's character.
To be fair, wrong is always wrong and it is never too late to correct it. Perhaps that is not the point, though. Carry on.
9. "When I took a photo using my cell phone, you could not see Torre behind the statue. But when we were riding in the van, when we were in front of the statue, the statue of Rizal was hardly visible." — Associate Justice Teresita Leonardo-de Castro, on Torre de Manila.
Let's just let condos grow everywhere. Who cares about culture?
10. "I kissed her on the head and wished her the best of luck. That’s it." — Ziauddin Yousafzai, on what he did when daughter Malala won the Nobel Peace Prize.
If he has a mug that says "Best dad ever," he probably deserves it.
Art by Warren Espejo, with photos from PEP.ph and screenshots from Facebook fan pages, various TV show videos, news clips, and images used by fans in YouTube slideshows.