Alden Richards reacts to 2010 Candy Fair photo with Maine Mendoza + more things you might have missed today

Starstruck returns to TV, De Lima isn't resigning, and more.

 

(SPOT.ph) Busy day, Spotters? We quickly recap 10 things you might have missed while you were off the radar.

 

1. Alden Richards reacts to 2010 Candy Fair photos with Maine Mendoza

Alden Richards has finally reacted to the circulating photo of him and Maine Mendoza from the Candy Fair in 2010. In an interview with PEP.ph, the actor said that he was surprised when he saw the photo and confirmed that he was one of Candy magazine's Candy Cuties present in the fair five years ago. "At that moment, hindi ko pa po alam na mag-aartista ako," he explained, "May mangilan-ngilan pong nagpa-picture, pero I really didn’t remember [that it happened]."

 

He also clarified that he still hasn't met with his #AlDub match, saying, "We’re not texting, we’re not calling each other. And 'yong sagutan lang namin sa social media is pakiramdaman lang."

 

2. Starstruck returns to TV

The reality talent show that launched the careers of Jennylyn Mercado, Katrina Halili, Rocco Nacino, and more is returning to the small screen on September 7. The new season of Starstruck will feature Dingdong Dantes and Megan Young as hosts, while the judges will be made up of Jennylyn, Dingdong, Joey de Leon, and Regine Velasquez-Alcasid.

 

3. Liza Soberano explains why she temporarily left Twitter

Fans of Liza Soberano were in for a surprise two weeks ago when the teen actress suddenly deactivated her Twitter account. In an interview Sunday, she explained that she deleted her account because she was disappointed at her fans. "Gusto ko lang iparating sa [fans] na sa akin, hindi ako okay na namba-bash kayo ng ibang tao. Kung ako ang bina-bash, hayaan niyo lang because I can take it," she said. "But there are other new stars, there are other people being bashed and ayaw kong manggaling sa fan group ko."

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

 

Liza added, "I felt like I was trying to send out a message [...] I want to influence [the fans] to do the right thing. Na-hurt ako kasi I was trying to do the right thing pero parang mali pa rin." She decided to return to Twitter so she can still communicate with fans.

 

4. Horror legend Wes Craven passes away

The man behind influential horror movie franchises like Scream and Nightmare on Elm Street passed away on Monday at the age of 76. Reports say that the director, writer, and producer died of brain cancer. He leaves behind a legacy of horror films that include Friday the 13th, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and The Hills Have Eyes.


5. Even Miley Cyrus' antics can't save the VMAs' ratings

Despite MTV's and host Miley Cyrus' best efforts, the telecast of the Video Music Awards drew in 9.8 million viewers but fell 5% from last year. In 2014, ratings already slipped 18% compared to  2013's numbers. The network, however, said that the event was the "most-tweeted program of the year" with 21.4 million tweets, and its online streaming was up by 155% from last year.

 

6. Travel + Leisure lists the friendliest cities in the world

Planning to fly solo on your next getaway? You should probably head to one of these cities, which are reportedly the friendliest in the world. You might be surprised with the results. According to Travel + Leisure, Galway in Ireland ranks first with its "festive nature, lively population, and musicality." Meanwhile, Charlston in South Carolina and Dublin in Ireland round up the Top 3. 

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

 

7. De Lima says she isn't resigning

Despite Iglesia ni Cristo's calls for her resignation, Justice Secretary Leila de Lima made it clear that she wasn't going anywhere, saying, "Will I be here if I’m resigning? I’m back at work." She also denied reports that said a deal has already been struck with INC. The group dispersed Monday morning after INC general evangelist Bienvenido Santiago announced that they were ending the five-day protest after an alleged meeting with the government.

 

8. Ombudsman probing P-Noy, Abad over DAP

On Tuesday, Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales said that her office is currently investigating President Aquino and Budget Secretary Florencio Abad for the implementation of the Disbursement Acceleration Program. She explained that that an investigation report has been submitted and is currently under evaluation. This, she said, will be used to determine if there is basis for a preliminary investigation.

 

Meanwhile, the Palace said that the Ombudsman can look into the matter but the President "cannot be sued while in office." 

 

9. 10 Best Bucket Bags for Your Instant Fashion Update

In case you haven't already heard, bucket bags are making a huge comeback! We show you were to find the best and most stylish bags, perfect for your next #OOTD.

 

10. 10 Places to Enjoy Great Eggs for Breakfast, Brunch, or Any Time of Day

Whether you're in it for brunch or you're just craving some all-day breakfast food, we found the 10 places to enjoy great egg dishes any time of the day.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Tell us your #feels!

Win
8
Yum
3
Want!
1
LOL
1
Yuck
1
WTF
8
22
Total votes
View more stories tagged ""

Read more stories about

Comments

Latest Stories

Load More Stories

SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER

Get the latest updates right in your inbox!