Warning: Rally, motorcade in Manila might cause heavy traffic today
These roads in the Manila area close at 3 pm.
(SPOT.ph) Two things will be happening in Manila this Monday afternoon: Mayor Joseph Estrada’s proclamation rally and the Liberal Party’s motorcade. You better prepare for heavy traffic.
Estrada's Proclamation Rally at the Liwasang Bonifacio open grounds starts at 1 p.m., and it is expected to draw a crowd of 40,000, reports Interaksyon.com. Meanwhile, the Liberal Party's motorcade will begin at Ongpin.
Starting 3 p.m., the following roads will be closed:
- McArthur Bridge (southbound) from Plaza Sta. Cruz to Magallanes Drive Extension
- Quezon Boulevard and A. Mendoza Street (southbound) from Fugoso Street to P. Burgos Avenue fronting Liwasang Bonifacio
- Both lanes of Magallanes Drive Extension from Postal Road to P. Burgos Avenue
- Muello del Rio (Riverside Drive) from P. Burgos Avenue to A. Soriano Avenue
- España Boulevard (westbound) from P. Campa Street to Quezon Boulevard
- All vehicles coming from Rizal Avenue heading for the southbound lane of McArthur Bridge shall be redirected to Dasmariñas Street.
- All vehicles coming from Escolta Street heading for the southbound lane of McArthur Bridge shall turn left to Plaza Sta. Cruz.
- All vehicles coming from Jones Flyover going to Liwasang Bonifacio shall go straight to Jones Bridge
- All vehicles coming from A. Soriano Street shall take a U-turn going to Anda Circle
- All vehicles intending to pass through Quezon Boulevard coming from A. Mendoza Street (Andalucia) shall turn right to Fugoso Street.
- All vehicles coming from Quezon City using the stretch of España shall turn right to P. Campa Street, left to A. Mendoza Street (Andalucia), then right to Fugoso Street.
- All PUJs/light vehicles coming from España en route to South Pier Zone shall turn left to Nicanor Reyes Avenue then turn right or left to C.M. Recto.
We're hoping that the alternate routes ensure smooth traffic. But, just in case, calm your traffic-stressed hearts with some cool OPM tunes to help pass the time.