Makati implements traffic rerouting plan for Undas 2016
(SPOT.ph) Makati City is expecting a heavy crowd around the Manila South Cemetery along South Avenue come October 31 to November 2 for Undas, the days-long memorial of the dead. The 25-hectare public park, after all, is one of the largest cemeteries in the Metro.
Through the My Makati Facebook page, the Makati Public Safety Department advised motorists to avoid the Manila South Cemetery area in the coming days, unless of course, you have to visit a dead relative or friend. The city government also released a traffic rerouting plan on October 25 which will be implemented from midnight of October 31 until midnight of November 2.
- Kalayaan Avenue – from Zapote Street to N. Garcia Street
- South Avenue – from Metropolitan to J.P. Rizal
- Vito Cruz – from South Avenue to Zapote Street
- Pililia Street – from J.P. Rizal to Kalayaan Avenue
- J.P. Rizal – from Pasong Tirad to Makati Avenue
- Kalayaan Avenue – from Pasong Tirad to Zapote Street
- Kalayaan Avenue – from N. Garcia to Makati Avenue
- Metropolitan Avenue – from South Avenue to N. Garcia
Public assistance stations will be set up between the Makati Catholic Cemetery and Manila South Cemetery; South Avenue corner Kalayaan Avenue; Vito Cruz corner South Avenue, in front of South Cemetery; and Metropolitan Avenue corner South Avenue. These will be manned with personnel from the Makati Action Center, Makati Health Department, and Makati Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office. Wheelchairs for senior citizens and free blood pressure monitoring services will also be provided in these tents.
The number coding scheme is also suspended in Metro Manila on October 31 and November 1.