You May Want to Stay Home This Weekend
MMDA issued a traffic advisory.
(SPOT.ph) With much dismay, Metro Manila commuters have learned to accept that the city is very, very prone to "Instant Traffic"—just add (rain)water and voilà! It gets even harder come rush hour when practically everyone's on the road, and our only respite from all the chaos is the weekend when the highways are less packed. Or so we thought. The Metro Manila Development Authority on September 22 announced some weekend road re-blocking to make way for the Department of Public Works and Highways' repairs. It starts Friday at 11 p.m. and lasts until September 25, 5 a.m.
Motorists are advised to use alternate routes for the following affected areas:
- Along Bonifacio Avenue between Mauban St. to Dome Street, Quezon City (outer lane)
- Along C-5 Road near Lanuza Avenue, Pasig City
- Along EDSA near corner Bansalangin fronting Shell, Quezon City (second lane)
- Along E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue after Greenmeadows Avenue, Quezon City (third lane from center island)
- Along E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue after Boni Serrano Flyover, Quezon City (truck lane)
- Along E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue corner Monte de Piedad going to Cubao, Quezon City (first lane from sidewalk)
- Along Mindanao Avenue after Road 20 fronting Shakey’s, Quezon City (second lane)
- Along Bonifacio Monumento Circle, Caloocan City
- Along C.P. Garcia Avenue from University Avenue to E. Jacinto Street, Quezon City (second lane)
- Along V. Luna Road from East Avenue to Kalayaan Avenue, Quezon City
- Along Manila East Road infront of SM East Ortigas, Pasig City
- Along Quirino Highway near corner La Mesa Dam Road, Quezon City (first lane)
There will also be an ASEAN route dry-run on September 24, 2017, 9 a.m to 11 a.m along SCTEX/NLEX from Clark to Balintawak. Motorists are advised to expect a stop-and-go traffic scheme.