Commuters, Here's How You Can Avoid Roxas Boulevard Traffic This Weekend
Stay informed to avoid wasting hours in transit.
(SPOT.ph) You may have already anticipated the heavy traffic due to the closure of parts of Roxas Boulevard this coming weekend. The Buendia to P. Burgos portion of the major road will be closed from May 5 to 6 for the Iglesia Ni Cristo's Worldwide Walk to Fight Poverty, so it makes sense to skip going out and stay home instead.
But if you already made plans, don't sweat it—the Metro Manila Development Authority recently released a list of several alternate routes you can take to avoid getting stuck in transit:
- From Anda Circle, turn left at Andres Soriano Jr., then right at Gen. Luna Street. Go straight down Maria Orosa Street, turn right at T.M. Kalaw, then left at M.H Del Pilar Street.
- From A. Bonifacio Drive, turn left at P. Burgos, then right at Maria Orosa Street, right at T.M. Kalaw, and left at M.H. Del Pilar Street.
- From A. Bonifacio, turn left at P. Burgos, then right at Taft Avenue
- From P. Burgos, turn right at Finance Road, turn left at Ayala Boulevard, turn right at San Marcelino, turn left at U.N. Avenue, turn right at Pres. Quirino Avenue, then left at South Super Highway.
- From P. Burgos, turn right at Finance Road, turn right at Taft Avenue, turn left at President Quirino, then right at South Super Highway.
According to the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA), over 500,000 individuals are expected to attend the charity walk. The event will also utilize parts of Diosdado Macapagal Avenue, Buendia Avenue, Taft Avenue, and Road 10.