You Might Want to Avoid Passing Through EDSA This Weekend
Plus a few other roads in Quezon City, too.
(SPOT.ph) Saturdays and Sundays are usually the only two days where one can pass through EDSA with minimal stress and tears due to the significantly lowered traffic volume. But we're warning you now, try to find other non-EDSA routes for your plans this coming weekend—the Department of Public Works and Highways released a traffic advisory today, June 8, as certain portions of EDSA and two other roads in Quezon City willl be blocked off to motorists due to road repairs. Road reblocking runs from Friday, June 8, 11 p.m. to Monday, June 11, 5 a.m.
Motorists are advised to avoid the following areas, and pass through alternate routes:
- Along North Avenue, MRT Station (second lane)
- Along Arayat Street, third lane from the sidewalk (Service Road)
- From in front of Francesca Tower to after Scout Borromeo, third lane from center island
Other Affected Roads, Northbound:
- Batasan Road, from Commonwealth Avenue to Katarungan Street, second lane
- Congressional Avenue, from section fronting Business Bank to Mindanao Avenue, third lane