Expect Heavy Traffic Along EDSA This Weekend
Plus a few other roads around Quezon City and Manila.
(SPOT.ph) Instead of making a restaurant reservation for the weekend, you might want to just prepare your movie marathon queue and get comfortable on your couch. It may be smart to stay home and avoid the blood-boiling stress of being stuck in traffic, as the Metro Manila Development Authority released a traffic advisory today, June 22. Certain portions of EDSA, along with a few roads in Quezon City and Manila, will be blocked off to motorists due to road repairs by the Department of Public Works and Highways. The road reblocking and repairs start from June 22, Friday to June 25, Monday.
Motorists are advised to avoid the following roads and take alternate routes:
- Along North Avenue, MRT Station (second lane)
- Along Arayat Street, third lane from the sidewalk (Service Road)
- From in front of Francesca Tower to after Scout Borromeo, third lane from center island
Other affected areas, Northbound:
- Batasan Road, from Commonwealth Avenue to Kalinisan Street, second lane
- Arsenio H. Lacson Avenue, near España
- Congressional Avenue, before Mindanao Avenue, third lane
- Fairview Avenue, from Mindanao Avenue Extension to Jordan Plains Subdivision