Think Twice Before Leaving the House This Weekend
Unless you're fine with getting stuck in heavy traffic, that is.
(SPOT.ph) Whip out your jammies, prepare your movie marathon queue, and get ready to sleep in—it looks like the homebody life is the best option for a relaxing, stress-free weekend. If you made plans, you might want to think twice before heading out the door. That is, unless you don't mind being stuck on the road for hours—the Metro Manila Development Authority released a traffic advisory warning the public of various road closures around EDSA, Quezon City, and Manila. This is to make way for the Department of Public Works and Highways' road repairs, which will run from 11 p.m. of Friday, July 6 to 5 a.m. of Monday, July 9.
Motorists are advised to avoid the following areas and take alternate routes:
EDSA, from Vertis North to Trinoma Mall, second lane from sidewalk
Batasan Road, from Commonwealth Avenue to Kalinisan Street, first lane
Arsenio H. Lacson Avenue, near Aragon Street
- Congressional Avenue, before corner of Jupiter Street, first lane
- Fairview Avenue, from Mindanao Avenue Extension to Jordan Plains Subdivision, third lane
- EDSA, from Arayat Street to Ignacio Diaz Street, fourth lane from the sidewalk
- EDSA, in front of Francesca Tower to after Scout Borromeo, third lane from center island
- Nagtahan Bridge Service Road, from J.P. Laurel to Ampil Street