Avoid These Roads if You Don't Want To Waste Your Weekend in Traffic
There will be weekend road repairs in certain parts of Quezon City and Manila.
(SPOT.ph) After a long, tiring work week, a lot of us look forward to the respite the weekend brings. But there are only two days in a weekend, so would you really want to spend any of it stuck in traffic? Yeah, didn't think so. It might be a good idea to avoid certain areas in Quezon City and Manila, as the Department of Public Works and Highways will be blocking off a few roads from motorists to make way for their weekend road repairs. Road reblocking will run from 11 p.m. on Friday, August 3 to 5 a.m. on Monday, August 6.
Motorists are advised to avoid the following roads and take alternate routes:
- Arsenio H. Lacson Avenue, from corner Aragon Street to corner P. Florentino Street
- Batasan Road, between Commonwealth Avenue to Katipunan Street, first lane
Congressional Avenue, before Jupiter Street, first lane
- EDSA, Vertis North to Trinoma Mall, second lane from sidewalk
- Fairview Avenue, from Mindanao Avenue Extension to Jordan Plains Subdivision, third lane
- EDSA, in front of Francesca Tower to after Scout Borromeo, third lane from center island
For more information, check out the DPWH Facebook page.