Expect Heavy Traffic All Over the Metro This Long Weekend
Due to weekend road repairs in EDSA, C5, and other parts of the Metro.
(SPOT.ph) Long weekends and holidays mean having time to unwind after a stressful week at work. Whatever your plans may be for this upcoming weekend, you might want to plan around this road reblocking announcement to make the most out of the short break, lest you end up getting stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic. The Metro Manila Development Authority released a traffic advisory today, August 24, listing several roads that will be blocked to make way for the road repairs of the Department of Public Works and Highways and restoration works of the Manila Water Company. Road reblocking will run from 11 p.m. on Friday, August 24 to 5 a.m. on Monday, August 27.
Motorists are advised to avoid the following roads and take alternate routes:
- EDSA, in front of Francesca Tower to after Scout Borromeo, third lane from the center island
- EDSA, before P. Tuazon Street, first lane from the center island
- C-5 Road, after the intersection of Green Meadows and C5 Road, after Jollibee
- C-5 Road, after Lanuza Avenue, opposite Shell Gas Station from northbound
- C-5 Road, after Lanuza Avenue, nearby pedestrian bridge after Shell Gas Station
- EDSA, before North Avenue, sixth lane from center island
- A.H Lacson Avenue cor. Aragon Street, and corner P. Florentino Street
- Batasan Road, before Payatas Road, second lane
- Katipunan Avenue, between Capitol Hills Drive and Ayala Heights Village, first lane