(SPOT.ph) In a press briefing at 5 p.m. on October 29, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration warned residents of Eastern and Central Luzon to prepare for the onslaught of Typhoon Rosita, expected to make landfall on October 29, 5 p.m.. Residents living in Eastern and Central Luzon are warned about the onslaught of Typhoon Rosita for the next few days. Signal No. 3 has been raised in Isabela, Quirino, Northen Aurora, Nueva Vizcaya, and Ifugao, while the rest of the regions—from Apayao to Bulacan—are under Signal No. 2. With the intensifying storm, Robinsons Place in Tuguegarao City, Cagayan; in San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte; and Santiago City, Isabela are providing free charging stations for cell phones, gadgets, and rechargeable lamps from October 29 to 30.
This would hopefully help residents in bearing the brunt of the storm, which would most likely cause power interruption in the next few days (if it hasn't yet). Charging station for Robinsons Place Tuguegarao is located at the Information Booth Counter at Level 1; for Robinsons Place Ilocos, it's at the bridgeway; and for Robinsons Place Santiago, the charging station can be found at the Level 2 Food Court. Everyone is reminded to "take the necessary precautions and stay alert at all times."
Megaworld Lifestyle Malls in Metro Manila, on the other hand, are waiving overnight parking fees for October 30. The public can also use their lounges, restrooms, phone charging stations, and WiFi.
These places will provide free overnight parking:
- Eastwood City in Quezon City
- Uptown Bonifacio, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig
- Forbes Town, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig
- Newport City, Resorts World Manila, Pasay
- San Lorenzo Place, Makati City
- Venice Grand Canal, McKinley Hill, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig
- Southwoods Mall, Biñan, Laguna
- Lucky Chinatown, Binondo, Manila
- Paseo Center, Makati City
- California Garden Square, Mandaluyong City
- Three Central, Makati City