Heads Up: These Roads Are Closed to Traffic This Holy Week
Staying in the Metro for the long weekend?
(SPOT.ph) A lot of people see Holy Week as an opportunity to spend the holidays with their family. While some go on a much-needed weekend getaway, there are still those who opt to stay in the Metro. Whether you're planning to visit some of Manila's gorgeous churches or to eat out at some of the places that are staying open this Holy Week, knowing which roads are closed to traffic will be handy.
Here's a list of road closures, reblocking, and repairs around Metro Manila this long weekend:
In observance of Holy Week, the city government of Makati has set up makeshift chapels along some streets since April 14. According to a traffic advisory posted on Facebook, the following roads will remain closed to traffic until April 21, 10 p.m.:
- Gen. Luna Street (From P. Burgos Street to Mercado Street)
- Enriquez Street (From Don Pedro Street to Fermina Street)
- San Marcos Street (From Pagulayan Street to P. Burgos Street)
- San Juan Street (From Pagulayan Street to P. Burgos Street)
- Don Pedro Street (From Gabaldon Street to Manalac Street)
- Guanzon Street (From P. Burgos Street to Makati Avenue)
- San Mateo Street (From D.M. Rivera Street to P. Gomez Street)
- Agno Street (From D.M. Rivera Street to P. Gomez Street)
- Dona Epifania Street (From A. Mabini Street to Agno Street)
- Ilaya Street (From A. Mabini Street to J.P. Rizal Street)
- Don Pedro Street (A. Mabini Street to Villena Street)
- Albert Street (Villena Street to Palma Street)
- P. Gomez Street (From J.P. Rizal Street to Zamora Street)
- P. Gomez Street (Hagdang Bato Whole Block)
- San Agustin Street (From P. Burgos Street to P. Gomez Street)
- Quintos Street (From Santiago Street to Singian Street)
- Molina Street (From Quintos Street to Singian Street)
- Zenaida Street (From E. Zobel Street to F. Zobel Street)
- Bagong Diwa Street (From M.L. Quezon Street to Pertierra Street)
- Ma. Aurora Ext. Street (From Pertierra Street to Ma. Aurora Street)
- Osmeña Street (From M.L. Quezon Street to Bridge Service Road/P. Burgos Street)
Anticipating less vehicles in Metro Manila during the Holy Week, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of the Tripa De Gallina Bridge or Buendia Bridge in Pasay City to make way for its rehabilitation. Vehicles will no longer be allowed to pass through the bridge starting April 18, 12 a.m. to April 21, 12 p.m.
The Department of Public Works and Highways will be conducting road reblocking and repairs in the following roadways starting April 17, 11 p.m. to April 22, 5 a.m.:
- Katipunan Avenue, after F. B. Dela Rosa Street, truck lane (southbound)
- New York Street to Aurora Boulevard, first lane from sidewalk (southbound)
Road reblocking and repairs will be conducted on a portion of C-5 Road in front of SM Aura from April 17, 11 p.m. to April 22, 5 a.m.