Motorists, You Might Want to Avoid These Roads This Weekend
Because of two U-turn slot adjustments and road repairs.
(SPOT.ph) Traffic in the Metro is pretty much a way of life for us at this point, so it's best to stay up to date with the changes and repairs scheduled for this weekend. The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced that they would be relocating two major U-turn slots—one along Commonwealth Avenue on June 30 and another along C-5 on June 29.
On June 29, expect the C-5 U-turn slot before the ramp leading to the expressway to be relocated right in front of the Heritage Park Gate, some 300 meters away. This is to make way for the construction of a ramp linking "the existing C5 Road in Taguig and C5 Extension of the cities of Pasay and Taguig," said the agency in a statement.
On June 30, the U-turn slot along Commonwealth located in front of CW Home Depot will be moved to the area of the Tandang Sora flyover. This adjustment is to make way for the construction of the Metro Rail Transit 7.
Repairs and reblocking are also scheduled on major roads in the Metro from June 28, 11 p.m. to July 1, 5 a.m., according to a report by Philstar. Expect the following areas to be messier than usual:
- EDSA - In front of Guzent Construction Equipment Sales and Rental to Culiat Bridge
- EDSA - Eugenio Lopez Drive to Scout Borromeo
- EDSA - Magallanes-Baclaran Bus Stop to Magallanes-Alabang Bus Stop
- Katipunan Avenue before P. Tuazon Boulevard
- EDSA - Area after Aurora Boulevard
- C-5 Road fronting SM Aura Northbound
- Regalado extension to Quirino Highway
- Quirino Highway - Kingfisher Street to Primerose Street
- General Luis Street - Pascual Street to Oriental Tin
this strange new world.