Heads Up: Payday Weekend Traffic Might Be Worse in These Areas
For road repairs!
(SPOT.ph) Payday weekend is usually a double-edged sword for people in Metro Manila. Sure, you finally get your hard-earned bread, but you gotta work through hellish traffic to spend it, too. If you're really hankering to treat yourself this weekend—which, btw, you deserve—then you might want to avoid these roads. Metro Manila Development Authority announced a traffic advisory for road repairs and reblocking in several areas from July 12,11 p.m. to July 15, 5 a.m.
Motorists are advised to avoid these areas and use alternate routes:
- EDSA - area after Aurora Boulevard, second lane from sidewalk
- Regalado Avenue, Mindanao Avenue Extension to Quirino Highway, second lane from sidewalk
- C-5 Road fronting SM Aura Northbound, third lane from median
- EDSA - in front of Guzent Construction Equipment Sales and Rental to Culiat Bridge, first lane from sidewalk
- EDSA - from Eugenio Lopez Street to Scout Borromeo for desilting and construction of manhole
- EDSA - between West Avenue and Philam Village, for restoration/concreting works
- EDSA - Magallanes-Baclaran Bus Stop to Magallanes-Alabang Bus Stop, outer lane
- Katipunan Avenue after P. Tuazon Boulevard, second lane from sidewalk
- C-5 Road fronting SM Aura Southbound, second lane from median
- Quirino Highway - Kingfisher Street to Primerose Street, second lane from sidewalk
- General Luis Street - Pascual Street to before Oriental Tin
Main image by Patrick Roque - Wikimedia.
this strange new world.