Ready the Flashlights: Power Interruptions in Certain Cities Start Today
Parts of Mandaluyong and Quezon City included.
(SPOT.ph) Power interruptions are nothing new in Metro Manila. Each household probably has an "emergency" drawer full of candles, matchsticks, flashlights, random nuts and bolts, dried-out clay, old toys ("Hey, how'd that get in here?" is the perennial question), plus, your pantry must have a can or two of Spam and instant noodles for easy cooking in the dark. Well, it looks like you may want to check up on that drawer: the Manila Electric Company has announced power interruptions all over Metro Manila starting today, September 24, until September 29.
Manila Electric Company (a.k.a. Meralco) will be doing repair and maintenance work on electric lines, as well as replacements and relocation of facilities. The scheduled brownouts will only affect certain areas in the cities though, so just check to see if your barangay is part of it. Take a look at the list below to see if your city is included:
Parts of Caloocan City (Dalagang Bukid) and Navotas City (North Bay Boulevard South)
- September 29, from 9 a.m to 2 p.m.
Parts of Mandaluyong City
- Addition Hills: September 24, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Plainview: September 26 to 27, from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Highway Hills: September 28, from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Parts of Manila (Malate)
- September 29, between 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. (with breaks)
Parts of Parañaque City and Pasay City
- Baclaran: September 24 to 25, from 11:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Baclaran and Malibay: September 26 to 27, between 11:45 p.m. and 5:45 a.m. (with breaks)
Parts of Quezon City
- Sauyo, Novaliches, Tandang Sora: September 24 to 25, between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. (with breaks)
- Malaya, East Kamias, West Kamias: September 26 to 27, between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. (with breaks)
Valenzuela City (Malanday and Veinte Reales)
- September 24 to 25, from 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.
For more information, check out the Meralco Facebook page.
Main image from AbsolutVision/Pixabay.
this strange new world.