Heads Up, Commuters: Here Are the Free Rides You Can Take During Today's Transport Strike
Several cities in the Metro have prepared Libreng Sakay routes.
(SPOT.ph) Commuting in Metro Manila isn't easy—understatement of the year, we know—but it isn't just the passengers who are having a hard time. Major transport groups have organized a nationwide strike today, September 30, to protest against the modernization of Jeepneys, a project that is set to be complete by June 2020. The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority has already suspended the number-coding scheme for public utility vehicles today, but commuting is still on a new level of chaotic.
While commuting may be a little more chaotic than usual, several city governments have also prepared free rides around the Metro to aid would-be stranded passengers. Check out the list below:
- Barangay Bagumbayan to Pasig City
- Barangay Tipas to Pasig City
- FTI Station to Market! Market! Mall
- C5 Waterfun to Market! Market! Mall
- Department of Science and Technology Building to East Service Road
- Gate 3 Plaza to Market! Market! Mall
- J.P. Rizal Avenue (from Comembo to Tejeros and vice versa)
- Pasong Tamo (from PRC to Mantrade and vice versa).
- Along Commonwealth Avenue (from SM Fairview to Welcome Rotonda)
- Barangay Alicia (from Muñoz to Monumento)
- Barangay Bahay Toro (from Muñoz to Mindanao Avenue)
- Barangay Batasan Hills (from Ever Gotesco to San Mateo)
- Barangay Bagumbuhay (from Hi-Top Supermart to Caltex along Aurora Boulevard)
- Barangay Loyola Heights (from Katipunan Avenue to Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System Complex)
- Barangay Milagrosa (from J.P Rizal Street to Cubao Araneta)
- Barangay Pansol (from Balara Gate to Katipunan Avenue)
- Barangay San Roque (from Admin to Murphy Market, 15th Avenue)
- Barangay Doña Aurora (from Cordillera E. Rodriguez Avenue to Quezon City Hall)
- Barangay Josefa (Banawe E. Rodriguez Avenue to Morayta)
- Barangay Immaculate Conception (from Cubao to Welcome Rotonda)
- Barangay Santol (from Santol, Casiana to Araneta, Quezon Avenue)
- Barangay San Isidro Galas (from Bluementritt Road, España Boulevard to Quezon City Hall)
- Barangay Kaligayahan (from North Olympus to Quezon City Hall)
Main image by Mia Rodriguez.