(SPOT.ph) Commuting in Metro Manila isn't easy—understatement of the year, we know—but it isn't just the passengers who are having a hard time. Major transport groups have organized a nationwide strike today, September 30, to protest against the modernization of Jeepneys, a project that is set to be complete by June 2020. The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority has already suspended the number-coding scheme for public utility vehicles today, but commuting is still on a new level of chaotic.
While commuting may be a little more chaotic than usual, several city governments have also prepared free rides around the Metro to aid would-be stranded passengers. Check out the list below:
- Barangay Bagumbayan to Pasig City
- Barangay Tipas to Pasig City
- FTI Station to Market! Market! Mall
- C5 Waterfun to Market! Market! Mall
- Department of Science and Technology Building to East Service Road
- Gate 3 Plaza to Market! Market! Mall
- J.P. Rizal Avenue (from Comembo to Tejeros and vice versa)
- Pasong Tamo (from PRC to Mantrade and vice versa).
- Along Commonwealth Avenue (from SM Fairview to Welcome Rotonda)
- Barangay Alicia (from Muñoz to Monumento)
- Barangay Bahay Toro (from Muñoz to Mindanao Avenue)
- Barangay Batasan Hills (from Ever Gotesco to San Mateo)
- Barangay Bagumbuhay (from Hi-Top Supermart to Caltex along Aurora Boulevard)
- Barangay Loyola Heights (from Katipunan Avenue to Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System Complex)
- Barangay Milagrosa (from J.P Rizal Street to Cubao Araneta)
- Barangay Pansol (from Balara Gate to Katipunan Avenue)
- Barangay San Roque (from Admin to Murphy Market, 15th Avenue)
- Barangay Doña Aurora (from Cordillera E. Rodriguez Avenue to Quezon City Hall)
- Barangay Josefa (Banawe E. Rodriguez Avenue to Morayta)
- Barangay Immaculate Conception (from Cubao to Welcome Rotonda)
- Barangay Santol (from Santol, Casiana to Araneta, Quezon Avenue)
- Barangay San Isidro Galas (from Bluementritt Road, España Boulevard to Quezon City Hall)
- Barangay Kaligayahan (from North Olympus to Quezon City Hall)
Main image by Mia Rodriguez.
this strange new world.