Self-Employed Workers Can Make Own IDs for Travel During MECQ and GCQ

Make sure to indicate your industry and purpose of travel.

PHOTO BY Jerome Ascano

So you work as a freelancer? No problem. Self-employed Filipinos are allowed to make their own identification cards so they can travel for work-related reasons during community quarantine, the Palace announced on May 14.

According to Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, the identification card (ID) must indicate the type of work and industry involved, as moving to and from general community quarantine and modified enhanced community quarantine areas requires having IDs. This comes after the announcement that most of the Philippines, except for Metro Manila, Cebu City, and Laguna, are shifting to general community quarantine (GCQ) starting May 16.


"Unfortunately, dahil nga po ang pag-travel from GCQ to enhanced community quarantine [ECQ] is only for industries na allowed, kinakailangan po talaga ng identification card. Sa mga self-employed, pwede naman silang gumawa ng card nila at ipakita nila kung ano talaga ang gagawin nila at saang industriya iyon," Roque said in a press briefing.

Workers will be permitted to move to and from modified ECQ areas and GCQ areas as long as it's for job-related reasons. Their industries must also be allowed to operate during the quarantine.

While Metro Manila, Laguna, and Cebu City will be under modified ECQ from May 16 to 31, the rest of the country will be under GCQ, in which most businesses and industries are allowed to resume operations

More from spot

watch now
Share this story with your friends!

Help us make better!
Take the short survey

Read more stories about

More Videos You Can Watch

Latest Stories

Load More Stories