Murder suspect Jason Ivler denies photos of him "partying" were taken inside Quezon City jail
Road rage murder suspect Jason Ivler has denied allegations that the photos of him "partying," which surfaced online last week, were taken inside the Quezon City jail, reports Manila Bulletin.
The photos were uploaded on Facebook and showed Ivler drinking and supposedly entertaining women inside his cell.
"Yung pinapakita nilang picture...na [nakikipag]-inuman ako. Unang-una, nung 2009 pa 'yon. At sa Sagujio 'yon, kasama ko 'yung mga pinsan ko at mga kasama ng pinsan ko, (Those pictures they showed of me drinking.. they were taken in 2009 at Saguijo. I was with my cousins then.)" Ivler said in an interview aired on DZMM's Radyo Patrol Balita Alas Dose on April 1.
Ivler, who is accused of killing Renato Victor Ebarle Jr. in 2009, said that the pictures were taken at night, which would have made it impossible for them to be taken in jail since visiting hours are only up to 5 p.m. Ivler also denied having a Facebook account and said the photos were probably uploaded by one of his supporters in the Jason Ivler fan page, which is currently 94,000 strong.
Shortly after Ivler’s photos spread on the web last week, the Ebarle family accused Ivler of receiving special treatment in jail. "There is a clear violation of the rules na medyo pabaya ang management," former Undersecretary Renato Ebarle said in a Umagang Kay Ganda interview on April 1. According to the report, Ebarle is keen on filing an administrative case against the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP).
Meanwhile, BJMP director Gen. Rosendo Dial has denied accusations that Ivler receives special treatment in jail. Dial also said that appropriate charges will be filed against the warden and the guards on duty should the investigation prove that jail regulations were violated.
For more on this story, log on to Manila Bulletin.