Geneva Cruz’s Survivor meltdown, Atty. Midas Marquez’s TV moment + more lowlights
Plus, the Arroyo-De Lima legal catfight, the budding P-Noy-Joey de Leon bromance, and more crazy stories.
1. MANNY PACQUIAO IS BACK IN THE COUNTRY-SANS THE USUAL METRO MANILA FANFARE. If he doesn’t know the phrase "fair weather friend" yet, it’s a sure bet that he does now. (At least Dan Hill still thinks he’s a really, really good singer.)
2. GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO’S DOCTORS ASKED TO BECOME "FRIENDS OF COURT." Just like in Facebook, the word "friends" is used very loosely here.
3. FARMERS GET HACIENDA LUISITA LAND-BUT THEY CAN’T SELL THEIR LOTS. It’s like saying, "I’ll give you this lollipop, but you can’t lick it the way you want to."
4. P-NOY, VIA KRIS TV, THANKS COMEDIAN JOEY DE LEON FOR DOING CHARITY WORK. We thought this was a Wow Mali gag.
7. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE SECRETARY LEILA DE LIMA STILL HAS HER EYE ON FORMER PRESIDENT GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO. Imagine this unnerving tenacity applied to the Maguindanao massacre case.
8. YOUNG ACTRESS IWA MOTO IS REPORTEDLY "MISSING IN ACTION." Maybe she’s taking the place of Geneva Cruz on Survivor.
9. JOHN LLOYD CRUZ DISMISSES RUMORS ALLEGING THAT HE’S ALCOHOLIC, BUT WON’T GIVE A STRAIGHT ANSWER ABOUT THE STATE OF HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH SHAINA MAGDAYAO. We’re so tired of this showbiz spiel that we actually looked for the ad where John Lloyd Cruz loosk drunk...on pizza. (See screenshot accompanying this entry.)
10. KC CONCEPCION TALKS ABOUT LETTING GO. Honey, you need a stiff drink.
Image credits: Screenshots from ABS-CBN and GMA-7 video clips. Additional screenshot from Greenwich ad clip posted on YouTube.
Art by Warren Espejo.