Easy 5-minute Refreshing and Nutritious Drinks Using Milo
Perfect for these scorching summer days.
(SPOT.ph) Ah, MILO. We all have fond memories of this chocolate malt beverage, served hot during especially chilly times of the year, or on ice during the summer. Either way, growing up with "Winning Energy" ensured that we were lively and energetic kids that ran, jumped, and bounced around like there was no tomorrow.
As grown ups, the duty of introducing MILO to our younger siblings and relatives is on our shoulders—as a "pamana" of sorts. For us, MILO remains a delicious, nutritious, and refreshing reminder of simpler, more carefree times; when all that mattered was watching cartoons after doing homework, playing games out on the street, and creating imaginary fantasy worlds where we were always the triumphant heroes.
Being adults, we have to live in the real world and, basically, have to be good at this “adulting” thing. But the MILO drink recipes below should bring back some of the wonder of being a kid again. Try them out (you can make an activity out of this with your younger relatives) and relive your childhood.
MILO ENERGY CHILLER
1 sachet MILO
½ NESTLÉ Fresh Milk
½ cup water
Ice and sugar to taste
1. Mix all ingredients in a shaker and shake well.
2. Transfer to glasses. Add ice and sugar to taste, and top with a spoonful of MILO.
MILO 3-POINT ENERGY SHAKE
1 scoops NESTLÉ Vanilla Ice Cream
1 1/2 cup NESTLÉ Low Fat Milk
½ cup MILO
2 pieces cream filled chocolate cookies, corsely crushed
1 cup crushed ice
1. Mix ice cream and milk in a blender. Add in MILO and crushed cookies. Stir mixture. Serve immediately.
MILO RECOVERY SHAKE
3 pieces banana lakatan, sliced
1 cup NESTLÉ Low Fat Milk
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 sachets MILO
4 pieces cherries, stemmed
2 tbsp strawberry preserved
2 cup crushed ice
1. Combine banana, milk, peanut butter, MILO, cherries and strawberry preserve in a blender.
2. Blend until fully incorporated. Add ice and blend again. Transfer to glasses.
MILO CROSSOVER SHAKE
1 piece mango, ripe
2 sachets MILO
1 ½ cup NESTLÉ Fresh Milk
1 tbsp grenadine (optional)
sugar to taste
2 cups crushed ice
1. Combine mango, MILO and milk and blend until fully incorporated.
2. Add grenadine and sugar ice if desired. Transfer to individual glasses then add ice.
MILO FASTBREAK REFRESHER
1-2 tbsp chopped mango jelly
½ cup MILO
1-2 cups crushed ice
1 tbsp sugar or to taste
¼ cup BEAR BRAND Powdered Milk Drink
1 cup water
1. Put mango jelly in 2-4 glasses. Blend MILO, ice and sugar together.
2. Pour prepared mixture in glasses. Top with BEAR BRAND Powdered Milk Drink before serving.
MILO CHAMPION MIX
1 MILO Sachet
3 Tsp BEAR BRAND Powdered Milk Drink
Mix MILO and BEAR BRAND in 200ml water, add ice, mix/shake, and serve.
For more information about MILO, novel recipes, and other exciting summer activities, click here.